The Chocolatiest Chocolate Cake Ever?

Baking By chilz822 Updated 25 Aug 2009 , 3:34pm by FlourPots

susanscakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakecreations Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 3:51pm
post #31 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by renee2007

your welcomeicon_smile.gif. I made a chocolate cake and put a layer of macsmoms chocolate truffle filling, then the brownie, then another layer of truffle filling, it is sooo good.....yummyicon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gif

I'll have to try this..........I am a confessed chocoholic......and this sounds YUMMY-LICIOUS!!!!!!!

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 4:21pm
post #32 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by renee2007

I have done a brownie layer and I just used a box mix and baked in a 9x13 pan. after it cooled, I used the pan to cut out the correct size( I used a 8 inch round). hope that helps. icon_smile.gif

Damn...that's brilliant. I never once thought of doing that while experimenting w/ my mix. THANK YOU...I will be sure to try it!!

winterdaphne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
winterdaphne Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 4:22pm
post #33 of 43

The best chocolate cake I've ever found is on epicurious.com. Search for "double chocolate layer cake." I think it's the most popular recipe on the site. It has melted chocolate, cocoa, and coffee in the layers, and is covered with a chocolate ganache.

GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaG Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 7:45pm
post #34 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddaigle

I made a 3-Layer cake consisting of 2 layers of WASC dark chocolate fudge cake using coffee as my liquid with a center layer of chocolate cheesecake, covered in chocolate amaretto ganache, surrounded by chocolate fudge pirouettes, topped with chocolate covered strawberries. Call the doctor!!! The pic is on page 2 in my gallery.

That chocolate cheese cake filling sounds really good! Can you tell us how you make it?

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 1:43pm
post #35 of 43

Grandma...I think I got it from allrecipes or recipezaar. It is one you bake..not a no-bake recipe. Just line you pan with parchment or waxed paper for easy removal.

ddaigle Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 1:48pm
post #36 of 43

Can't find macsmom's chocolate truffle filling recipe....can someone share please?

GrandmaG Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 1:52pm
post #37 of 43

Truffle filling (can also be made with white chocolate or dark chocolate. Great to add LoRann flavors to, like creme de menthe)- MacsMom
16 oz cream cheese, softened
4 c milk chocolate chips (2 bags)
1/3 c butter
1-1/2 t vanilla
2 c PS, sifted
*Beat the cream cheese. Melt the chocolate and butter together in microwave; beat into cream cheese. Add vanilla and PS; beat well. It thickens as it cools (you may to pop it in the fridge for a while). You can soften it for a few seconds in the microwave if it gets too thick to spread.

GrandmaG Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 1:56pm
post #38 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddaigle

Grandma...I think I got it from allrecipes or recipezaar. It is one you bake..not a no-bake recipe. Just line you pan with parchment or waxed paper for easy removal.

Oh, OK. So you actually bake the cheese cake first and then use it as a filling between the layers?

flourgirlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flourgirlz Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 2:43pm
post #39 of 43

ddaigle:

Did you just use the filling, or do you actually make the cheesecake, crust and all, and put it between the cake layers?

ddaigle Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 2:52pm
post #40 of 43

I actually baked the cheesecake..but with no crust. Let it setup/cool overnight, then lift it out and make it an actual 2" layer. It was a little difficult to make a layer, but no one sees the cracks or "oops".

FlourPots Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 3:02pm
post #41 of 43

In this Junior's cookbook: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Juniors-Cheesecake-Cookbook/Alan-Rosen/e/9781561588800

there's a chapter devoted to the "skyscraper" style, which is just what ddaigle described.
There are recipes for carrot cake, red velvet, chocolate, etc. all with a layer of their famous NY cheesecake in the center.

GrandmaG Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 3:24pm
post #42 of 43

Thanks Flourpots! I'm going to check that out. I'm curious about the carrot cake skyscraper. thumbs_up.gif

FlourPots Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 3:34pm
post #43 of 43

You're welcome icon_smile.gif .

I think I posted before that this is one cookbook that'll make you want to try EVERY single recipe.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%