How Early Can I Make My Cookies

Baking By shebellas Updated 21 Aug 2009 , 5:13pm by shebellas

shebellas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shebellas Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 2:02pm
post #1 of 5

I have to make 40 cookies for my best friends baby shower which is on Sept 12th. They will be a sugar cookie with Royal Icing.

The problem I'm having is on timing. I am working 2 jobs and have limited time at home to make these now (didn't have the 2nd job when I volunteered the cookies back in June).

How soon can I make the cookies? I don't think I would want to decorate them too early but I'm wondering if I can at least get them baked?

Any advice would be great!

4 replies
dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 2:18pm
post #2 of 5

you can definitely make them ahead of time. just make sure to store them in the freezer in an airtight container and let them thaw completey when ready to decorate : )

doodledo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doodledo Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 4:27pm
post #3 of 5

Sorry to jump in on your question. But could you decorate them also and then freeze them? If so, how long can they stay in the freezer? Does it matter if its RI or Glace?

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 4:37pm
post #4 of 5

i've personally have *not* had luck with freezing decorated cookies.[/i]

shebellas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shebellas Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 5:13pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks! I am house sitting this next week and they have a "gourmet" kitchen and I would love to be able to bake the cookies there in my little bit of free time and just be done with that part at least!

I have heard that it is not good to decorate then freeze as the moisture (especially with RI) can be a problem when thawing...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%