Cake Camp

Decorating By donkeemom Updated 23 Aug 2009 , 1:24am by donkeemom

donkeemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
donkeemom Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 4:18am
post #1 of 9

Help, I don't know what to bring my supplies in! I am so excited to be going to cake camp in Las Vegas in September. They tell you what supplies you need to bring to class, so no problem there.
I just don't know what to bring my supplies to class in. This will be my first cake decorating class. I don't want to look like a total dork and show up with my stuff in a grocery bag. icon_redface.gif
Just wondering what most of you use to transport supplies to class.

8 replies
sweetflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetflowers Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 3:43pm
post #2 of 9

Depends on what supplies you need. I have my gumpaste stuff in a fishing tackle box. Most people have a plastic tote or something on wheels. if you have a lot of stuff, definitely look into something with wheels, it's a long walk to classes.

donkeemom Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 3:53pm
post #3 of 9

Sweetflowers, thank you for taking time to respond to my post. Have you been to Cake Camp? Your work is amazing, I am in awe (I love the sheep).
I will be working with gumpaste tools and I will be bringing lots of tools so I really like the idea of something with wheels, thanks again.

FullMoonRanch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullMoonRanch Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 5:21pm
post #4 of 9

Just wanted to say have a great time donkeemom! I wish I were going with you!

donkeemom Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 5:33pm
post #5 of 9

Awhh.....thanks FullMoonRanch, I wish you were too!

sweetflowers Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 9:19pm
post #6 of 9

You'll love camp. I've been 11 times and this year I finally am teaching a class!! Yippee!!! Thanks for the compliments on my work, I'll be teaching the Bas Relief technique at camp.

I got my tackle box at Walmart and I use a cheap luggage rolly thingy to strap it onto with my other supplies.

donkeemom Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 10:16pm
post #7 of 9

Wow Sweetflowers, tips from a real pro.......how awesome! Congratulations on teaching a class, a testiment to your talent! I only signed up for Colette Peters peony class and was thinking I should add another class, I will look you up on the schedule. What is Bas Relief technique?
Thanks Again, Linda

sweetflowers Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 11:03pm
post #8 of 9

Thanks Linda! I have a couple samples of bas relief in my photos. The pixie, and the Japanese lady. Just a way of make a flat picture 3D. I'm teaching a variation of the pixie called 'Fall Fairy'.

You'll like Colettes class. I assisted her in her classes the last 2 cake camps! Get ready for lots of sugar fun!

donkeemom Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 1:24am
post #9 of 9

Oh my goodness, that is beautiful! I noticed that your class is Sunday and that is when my husband wants to head home.
What a fantastic opportunity to be able to assist Colette.......I am in awe of you. icon_cool.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%