New To This Cookies Thing Fondant Covered Cookies -Help

Baking By cakesbyjulie2 Updated 21 Aug 2009 , 2:51am by backermeister

cakesbyjulie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjulie2 Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 1:01pm
post #1 of 6

Ok, i am making these football cookies for a silent action for my son football team. I used the NFSC and it came out great.

I used simple syrup to keep the fondant on and I will use royal icing for details. I need to finish them up tonight b/c I have a cake due on Saturday and I teach Friday night .

Will they be stale by Sunday or will the simple syrup help keep them moist ?????

How should I store them ?

thanks in advance this is my frist time making this type of cookie

Happy Baking !

Julie

5 replies
verono Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
verono Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 1:04pm
post #2 of 6

I think they will be fine if you package them individually.

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 2:07pm
post #3 of 6

They will probably be OK til Sun, but if you are uncomfortable with that, freeze them. If they are individually packaged, just layer them in a container and freeze. If they are not packaged, layer them between wax paper. Put them on the counter, still in container to thaw. This works really well, I freeze them all the time. BTW, I have frozen them for up to three weeks, and they are fine. HTH

cakesbyjulie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjulie2 Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 4:02pm
post #4 of 6

you can freeze them with fondant and royal icing on them?

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 4:53pm
post #5 of 6

Yes, I have frozen many cookies with fondant as the base and ri as the details. Just be sure your ri is completely dry before freezing.

backermeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
backermeister Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 2:51am
post #6 of 6

Decorated cookies are actually fine at room temp for approx 7 days. I do recommend putting them in an airtight container layer with waxed paper as well or individual wrapping is fine too. This keeps them safe from the outside elements. Why chance possibly ruining your decorating by condensation etc if it is not necessary. hth icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%