How Do You Store Sugar Beer Bottles?

Sugar Work By mysonbronson Updated 23 Aug 2009 , 7:16am by Steve-AngelCityCakes

mysonbronson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mysonbronson Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 4:45am
post #1 of 7

I made 4 beer bottles yesterday and wrapped them in waxed paper and left them on the kitchen table last night. Today I tried to unwrap them and they were sticky and stuck to the wax paper, so I popped them in the refridgerator and the wax paper starting sticking to them. Not to mention the bottles no longer look nice they look all lumpy? Does that make sense? I was hoping to have these made for a cake I was going to do this weekend. I forgot to mention that I live in Hawaii and it is very hot and humid. Any help would be appreciated.

6 replies
mysonbronson Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 4:44pm
post #2 of 7

Can anyone help me? Did this happen to anyone else?

christinapp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christinapp Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 5:01pm
post #3 of 7

Bump!!!
I would like to know the answer to this too.

cakecookie6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecookie6 Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 5:25pm
post #4 of 7

Next time try parchment paper or a silicone mat. Wax paper sometimes sticks to sugar. Best to store in dry cabinet rather than refrigerator as it causes cooked sugar to sweat. Hope your bottles work out for you.

mysonbronson Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 6:43pm
post #5 of 7

Thank you cakecookie6 will try the parchment paper.

backermeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
backermeister Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 1:32am
post #6 of 7

hi. if you are referring to pulled, blown, or molded sugar than the only way to keep them from becoming lumpy masses is by protection from moisture esp. humidity. this can be done trying a dehumidifier in close proximity but the best is to place silica gel packets in an air tight container with your bottles. what are silica gel packets you ask? well they are the little white packets that fall out of new shoes and are found in the bottom of purses. i live in florida and opt to use isomalt instead which withstands humidity better but is $$$$$. hth icon_smile.gif

Steve-AngelCityCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Steve-AngelCityCakes Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 7:16am
post #7 of 7

I may be too late since it's already the weekend, but you can get your bottles back in shape by pouring warm water into a cup and then dipping your fingers in the water and rubbing out the bumps in your bottles. Now as a warning they will become more stickier than they are right now, but don't worry. After you rub out all the bumps and are happy with how smooth they look and how shiny and more realistic than they looked before, then spray a little Baker's Joy on them and rub off any excess. For storage, I use an old Folger's tall plastic container. four bottles fit in nicely without touching each other. then just stick them in the fridge and you can keep them there until you need them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%