What Kind Of Fondant Do You Use

Decorating By chelseavelez Updated 17 Aug 2009 , 7:32pm by sweetsuccess

chelseavelez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelseavelez Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 4:44am
post #1 of 5

ive used satin ice fondant and wilton fondant and everytime i make a cake it cracks on the top edge. is this because of the fondant i use or am i doing something else wrong icon_sad.gif

4 replies
tripleE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripleE Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 4:59am
post #2 of 5

Choc-pan is awesome and tastes great!

Makeitmemorable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Makeitmemorable Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 7:22am
post #3 of 5

I use Bakels cowboy.gif

It may be cracking because it is too thin. When you get to the edges, move your hand up the icing rather than down as you smooth it so it holds any weight. If they are small cracks, put some icing sugar in the palm of your hand and massage them into the cracks, it fills and covers them.

Good luck thumbs_up.gif

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 7:38am
post #4 of 5

I use Renshaws Regalice - because of its elasticity (that doesn't look right icon_confused.gif ) and the vibrant colour range - mixes brillantly with either powders or gel pastes.

Hmmm, might the cracking be because it is getting a tad dry?
If so and you have some liquid glucose - just rub a smear of that over it so as to keep it subtle -

As MIM said - smooth upwards - thus causing less drag.

Bluehue.
icon_smile.gif

sweetsuccess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsuccess Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 7:32pm
post #5 of 5

I use massa grichuna neutral, white or dark chocolate fondant. It is pricey but the taste is delicious and all my clients rave about it. I have heard from a member of my cake club that fondarific is very very tasty and comes in a number of yummy flavors. It's less expensive than massa--I may try it out when I get a chance.

Dina

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%