Bubble Tea Straws???

Decorating By sweetcakesbydesign Updated 17 Aug 2009 , 5:07am by CakeMakar

sweetcakesbydesign Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakesbydesign Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 4:39am
post #1 of 5

I ran out of wooden dowel rods and you can't get them where i live. I was wondering if i should just order them from wiltonand get the wooden DR or get bubble tea straws. Are BTS sturdy? Do you know where to order them?
Thanks,

4 replies
kathy164 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathy164 Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 4:44am
post #2 of 5

ok, this is excaping me, what is a bubble tea straw. Lots of funny photos ideas running through my brain right now, LOL,. Thanks, Kathy

CakeMakar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMakar Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 5:00am
post #3 of 5

You can order bubble (or boba) tea straws online or if you have an Asian grocery store near you they should carry them. There are several eBay sellers. If you have a Boba tea place, you may be able to pick up some from them. I get mine from ours for $2/pack. They are very thick and sturdy. They are NOT fastfood milkshake straws as some CCers believe.

Doughnut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doughnut Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 5:02am
post #4 of 5

Hey there! I have not used BTS, but I got a video from Sharon Zambito who uses them and recommends them. They look sturdy. Personally, I would use BTS no longer than one cake layer and use dowels if having to go through more than one layer of cake.

CakeMakar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMakar Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 5:07am
post #5 of 5

Duff uses them on Ace of Cakes, too. You'll see him put them through several layers.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%