Buddy's Leaning Tower Of Pisa Cake

Lounge By indydebi Updated 17 Aug 2009 , 10:04pm by zoomzone

Ednarooni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ednarooni Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 2:48am
post #31 of 35

I really like this show also..and I do agree it's probably partly staged but I have a problem with putting live lobsters next to fondant..making the fondant lobsters..or when they had a "water" problem and they didn't wash tables and/or bowls out.. And the birds... animals and "baking area" does not mix.. I have to say though, I really like his show otherwise .and I do think there's a lot to be learned on his show..and certainly they do "characters" so much better than Charm City/Duff's crew..they may be Duff's friends..but they really need some cake classes, well...with exception to geoff. I thought the fondant roller was goofy, come on Duff, you can't afford "sheeters"..with selling cakes and having a t.v. show? I also thought Buddy going to a "girl's party and "unveiling" a chip n dales fondant character was a little strange also. But he does show MUCH more techniques, in my opinion than the other cake shows...so I rate his the highest show..between him Duff, and Amazing Cakes.

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 4:52am
post #32 of 35

I love this show, and buddy is a real talent.....I had to laugh when I saw him blow on the cake to remove excess luster dust or whatever it was, I mean wow on camera thats not a good idea.....then I remembered, he was decorating a dummy cake lol

candoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candoo Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 5:16am
post #33 of 35

I love cake boss!! But it definetly has a lot of staging. I dvr the episodes, and playing it back, it was REALLY noticeable that the sweet 16 cake was dropped ON PURPOSE! I will admit that I didn't notice until my friend said that she thought so, then I played it back... really obvious! But I still love the show! icon_smile.gif! And I think it's hilarious that my 6 yr old son can sing/recite the opening WITH THE ACCENT! (we're from Ga., so it's really cute to hear him sound like Buddy!)

Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 9:52pm
post #34 of 35

Snark alert: It's amazing to me that these couples will shell out thousands of dollars on a custom cake and the bride is standing there in a cheap wedding gown. I'm not specifically talking about the bride in the LTofPisa episodes.

I've grown to like this show more and more. It seems that he's showing more technique as the shows go on. The drama seems to be calming down a bit too.

Comparing Cake Boss to Ace of Cakes is hard because their styles and bakeries are so different. That said, Buddy's crew makes outstanding figures and flowers. Duff's absoultely pale in comparison.

zoomzone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoomzone Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 10:04pm
post #35 of 35

even my husband was impressed by the Pisa cake! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%