"easy Mmf"

Baking By Shanna Updated 16 Aug 2009 , 7:15am by dutchy1971

Shanna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shanna Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 8:12pm
post #1 of 9

I'm interested in making the Easy Marshmallow Fondant recipe. I noticed it says to add the flavoring of my choice. Having never tasted MMF, does anyone have any suggestions as to some tasty flavorings? I'm wanting to use this for a child's b-day cake.

Thanks!

Shanna

8 replies
missymayflower Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missymayflower Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 8:27pm
post #2 of 9

I usually use a combination of vanilla and almond and butter extracts. I've also just used vanilla and it was fine.

threeforhim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
threeforhim Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 8:29pm
post #3 of 9

I'm fairly new on this site, but I have seen several recipes on here. I've bought the Wilton fondant and made 2 different recipes. The one I like the best is T's Marshmallow fondant. I've followed the recipe and suggested flavorings (vanilla and butter flavoring). It's really easy to make and it tastes good. I think the longer it sets (a day or two) the better it tastes. I hope this helps!

onlymadaresane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onlymadaresane Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 10:46pm
post #4 of 9

You could also add candy Marshmallow flavoring. Orange is pretty good!

MrsMabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMabe Posted 16 Aug 2009 , 1:03am
post #5 of 9

I put coconut last time I made it. Delicious!!

varika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
varika Posted 16 Aug 2009 , 1:19am
post #6 of 9

So far, I've used vanilla and hazelnut. Both have been absolutely delectable!

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 16 Aug 2009 , 2:08am
post #7 of 9

1 bag con sugar 2 teaspoons water, i regular size minature marshmallows, water nuked with mm's intervals, have never had a problem with this recipe

tamiscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tamiscakes Posted 16 Aug 2009 , 2:32am
post #8 of 9

i also use T's recipe it is super easy to make and work with and taste great i would never use anything else now that i have found it.

dutchy1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dutchy1971 Posted 16 Aug 2009 , 7:15am
post #9 of 9

I love T's recipe always super easy to make and fool proof ( we won't talk about today fiasco, lets just say I'm the fool icon_wink.gif) I highly recommend it. I haven't used many flavourings so far, but orange is quite nice icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%