Wasc For 2 9" Pans?

Decorating By luminajd Updated 12 Aug 2009 , 10:02pm by JanH

luminajd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luminajd Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 2:15am
post #1 of 5

Forgive me, I am sure this answer is somewhere, but I cant find it icon_smile.gif
I am going to use Kakeladi's recipe, which is as follows. This says it is enough for 2 8 inch rounds pans. I am such a newbie, I need to know if it is okay to use 2 9 inch round pans instead, or if I really need to make 2 batches? Or is there a different WASC that would fill my 2 9" round pans?
Thanks icon_redface.gif
Here again is the recipe; If you use zest it is just added to the dry ingredients. If you use fzn lemonade it is in place of the water.
Oh & no it's not dense and heavy but it's not a light and fluffy as a 'plain' mix would be.

Kakeladi's Original WASC cake recipe:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-7445-The-Original-WASC-cake-recipe.html

4 replies
zoomzone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoomzone Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 3:45am
post #2 of 5

Welcome! It will be absolutely fine- just adjust the baking time.

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 4:38am
post #3 of 5

Yes you can you just won't get the same height. The recipe is for two 8" cake pans that are 2" high so instead of 2 - 2" layers they may only be 1.5" each (guessing here on the estimated height icon_lol.gif ). This is of course assuming your pans are 2" in height to start with.

luminajd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luminajd Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 1:15pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 10:02pm
post #5 of 5

Your cake layers are going to be significantly smaller/shorter using the batter yield for an 8" round pan in a 9" round pan. (The resulting layer cake will not be 4" tall when filled/frosted.)

According to Wilton a (two inch deep), 8" round requires 3-1/2 cups of batter per pan while a 9" round pan requires 5-1/2 cups of batter per pan.

Everything you need to know to make, frost and assemble tiered/stacked/layer cakes:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-605188.html

The above superthread has popular CC recipes for crusting American buttercreams and several types of fondant as well as WASC cake (with flavor variations) - and so much more.

There is:

baking help (how much batter per pan by size), hints and tips (flower nails, bake-even strips, lower oven temp., making your own pan grease, etc.)

smoothing and stacking help

illustrations of common cake support systems with complete directions

and more....

Get comfy, it's a long read. icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%