Georgia State

Business By debbieann Updated 22 Aug 2009 , 1:31am by Sweetriley

debbieann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbieann Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 1:26pm
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone
My husband I are thinking about moving to Georgia(where I don't know yet) does anyone out there have a home base business there. i would hate to move and not be able to continue what i love to do. Please let me know asap.

Thanks a million


3 replies
sew4children Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sew4children Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 9:41pm
post #2 of 4

If you want to bake here, you have to either rent a kitchen and have it inspected or have an additional kitchen in your home that has its own entrance. It cannot be the same kitchen that your family meals come out of. Each county in Georgia has their own Department of Agriculture, when you narrow down an area, contact them because it does seem that there are slight variances within the state.

lovetofrost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovetofrost Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 6:45pm
post #3 of 4

i live in buford, georgia. not sure where you are considering. i have a home based bakery. i had to have a certificate from the county...not hard to get and an inspection done from the dept of agriculture i believe. i had to have a separate kitchen and now i hear they are requiring grease traps. the process for me wasn't hard at all. i started by calling the sec of state to get all my contact info and legal requirements.

Sweetriley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetriley Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 1:31am
post #4 of 4

I live south of Atlanta and I am also trying to get my business up and running. The problem is I don't have the money to build a second kitchen and it's too expensive to get a membership at the only shared kitchen in Atlanta. I am going back to the drawing board. You get your license from the Department of Agriculture.

Quote by @%username% on %date%