Will Roland Winbeckler Beat Mike Mcarey?

Decorating By TheresaXXX Updated 30 Jul 2009 , 4:00am by FromScratch

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 4:45pm
post #31 of 89

I have Tivo and when I saw the preview for the Challenge I went to find it and they had Disney Classic Cake Challenge. They show it not airing until Wednesday which I know isnt right. I think its wrong with the listing because the last time it did this was for a challenge for Kerry Vincents birthday and when I went to tivo it, it had something else so I didnt record it. It ended up being aired and I missed it and it hasnt replayed since!! (boo hoo silently crying). So I will take a bet that its going to be the Sesame Street one tomorrow at 8pm est.

KatieKake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatieKake Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 5:01pm
post #32 of 89

according to the food network TV schedule on their site, it is the Sesame street challange, not that I always believe what they say. I was having problems getting the ACE of Cakes, a year or so ago, kept getting Paula Dean when Ace of Cakes was supposed to be on. Couldn't figure out what was the problem, emailed the food network, and didn't get any information from them. Finally someone came on line on one of the message boards to tell me that Paula Dean was the show they were showing in HD and Ace of Cakes in standard def. I was really ticked, I thought the food network could have explained that they were showing two different shows at the same time, one in HD and the other in SD.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 5:19pm
post #33 of 89

You didn't get any information from FN because they act like it's hard work to respond. I had written to them about a concern 4 times before they stopped sending me form letters and actually had someone respond directly.

I stopped watching FN a few years ago. I still watch AoC and the Challenges, but only when I remember them. I don't go out of my way for any of their programming now.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

weirkd Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 6:42pm
post #34 of 89

So I guess if we dont have high def we're not going to be able to watch the Sesame challenge? Man, that sucks!
I think that FN has changed quite a bit. Not for the better either! I barely watch it now. The only thing I like is the challenges and Ace of Cakes.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 7:22pm
post #35 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitagrl

GRRR. I'm checking the Comcast tv guide and all night Saturday is a cake challenge rerun marathon, and both on Sunday are listed as a Disney rerun.

What?!

I checked TV guide and it shows that on Sunday at 8 that there's a NEW challenge. Maybe your tv guide just made a mistake or something.

Andy383240 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Andy383240 Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 7:34pm
post #36 of 89

ME, me,meeee! NOTHING comes between me and my cake shows (picture Brooke Shields in her Calvin Klein's)LOL!

Andy383240 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Andy383240 Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 7:39pm
post #37 of 89

Unplugging the phone is what I meant by, meeeeee.

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 8:15pm
post #38 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by playingwithsugar

This challenge will probably be the most interesting of all of them.

How many of you will be unplugging the phone for this one?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

The phone?! icon_confused.gif I'm unplugging myself, I'll be "in the zone"! The cake zone that is... icon_biggrin.gif

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 9:19pm
post #39 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by weirkd

I have Tivo and when I saw the preview for the Challenge I went to find it and they had Disney Classic Cake Challenge. They show it not airing until Wednesday which I know isnt right. I think its wrong with the listing because the last time it did this was for a challenge for Kerry Vincents birthday and when I went to tivo it, it had something else so I didnt record it. It ended up being aired and I missed it and it hasnt replayed since!! (boo hoo silently crying). So I will take a bet that its going to be the Sesame Street one tomorrow at 8pm est.

I'm going to turn it on anyway and see, even if Comcast thinks its still an old Disney one. The Disney one is being aired two hours before, so hopefully its just a mistake.

weirkd Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 11:12pm
post #40 of 89

Yah, thats what I think too. So I will cross my fingers and hope that its the Sesame one. But I guess if it isnt we can atleast watch it on Wednesday. I didnt see where they even did that with the Kerry V. b-day cake one. I really wanted to see that one! Did you get to watch it?

momma28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momma28 Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 11:54pm
post #41 of 89

I was up unable to sleep several nighta ago and this challenge was already airing....I wont spoil it icon_wink.gif

The cakes are amazing is all that I will say!

momma28 Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 11:55pm
post #42 of 89

I was up unable to sleep several nighta ago and this challenge was already airing....I wont spoil it icon_wink.gif

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 2:10am
post #44 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by momma28

Maybe it was another challenge??????????? Perhaps the Disney Challenge? FN clearly says that the one on this Sun. nite is brand new...............................

This is the FN Challenge schedule going back 8 days:

July 24, 7pm/6c
Challenge: Pizza Champions

July 23, 7pm/6c
Challenge: Food Network Chocolate Fantasy Challenge

July 22, 7pm/6c
Disney Classics Cakes

July 21, 7pm/6c
Challenge: Wedding Cake Classic

July 20, 7pm/6c
Challenge: Tag Team Cakes

July 19, 6pm/5c
Food Magicians

July 19, 8pm/7c
Disney Classics Cakes

July 19, 3am/2c
Disney Classics Cakes

July 18, 4pm/3c
Food Magicians

July 17, 7pm/6c
Challenge: Teen Chef

Here's the upcoming schedule for this week:
July 25, 4pm/3c
Disney Classics Cakes

July 25, 8pm/7c
Disney Pixar Cakes

July 25, 9pm/8c
Shrek Cakes

July 25, 10pm/9c
Ice Age Cakes

July 25, 12am/11c
Shrek Cakes

July 25, 1am/12c
Ice Age Cakes

July 25, 3am/2c
Disney Pixar Cakes

July 26, 6pm/5c
Disney Classics Cakes

July 26, 8pm/7c
Sesame Street Cakes

July 26, 3am/2c
Sesame Street Cakes

Rae

momma28 Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 2:17am
post #45 of 89

I know I looked myself but it was in fact the sesame street challenge. My dtv guide said it was a different one when I looked but what I was watching was the sesame street cakes one.

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 2:24am
post #46 of 89
Quote:

I know I looked myself but it was in fact the sesame street challenge. My dtv guide said it was a different one when I looked but what I was watching was the sesame street cakes one.

Send me an PM and tell me who won. I won't get to watch the show tomorrow night so I would love to have the peace of mind of knowing the winner. I promise not to tell a soul.

tapedshut.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 12:54pm
post #47 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCJean

Quote:

Send me an PM and tell me who won. I won't get to watch the show tomorrow night so I would love to have the peace of mind of knowing the winner. I promise not to tell a soul.

tapedshut.gif

Send me a PM too -- I don't have cable.

smolie6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smolie6 Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 2:07pm
post #48 of 89

I can't wait to watch that tonight. Will the king of buttercream beat the challenge veteran? Old school versus new school. This is what I want to see. Not all the silly little twists and turns. I want hard core decorating!

weirkd Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 6:41pm
post #49 of 89

Yah Tivo has the same thing listed and did the same thing for the Kerry Vincent cake challenge. I just dont think its correct. Not the first time that even on the guide button it will say one thing and be a totally different show.
But I look forward to seeing it tonight!

Cake-Gal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake-Gal Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 9:19pm
post #50 of 89

Here's some of the Winbeckler's latest projects--so they don't just do BC.

http://www.winbeckler.com/amazing_cake_art.asp

Also, I see on the home page of their web site that they competed in TLC's Ultimate Cake-Off also.

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 10:50pm
post #51 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake-Gal

Here's some of the Winbeckler's latest projects--so they don't just do BC.

http://www.winbeckler.com/amazing_cake_art.asp

Also, I see on the home page of their web site that they competed in TLC's Ultimate Cake-Off also.

I saw that...soooo disappointing. His buttercream work is awesome. I was so hoping he would be using buttercream for the challenge.

Jean....a fan of Winbeckler's old style.

TwoSweetSisters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TwoSweetSisters Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 1:19am
post #52 of 89

All of the cakes were awesome!!! Amazing amount of detail to get done in 8 hours!

Maria_Campos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maria_Campos Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 1:43am
post #53 of 89

Yeah it was the toughest one I've seen yet anyone could have won it was insane.

Maria_Campos Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 1:48am
post #54 of 89

Why in the world did Mike make that new character though that was risky

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 1:48am
post #55 of 89

It was a cliffhanger~! I loved it though.. One of the best.. icon_biggrin.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 2:06am
post #56 of 89

How did Roland do -- was his a cool creation too?

meggers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meggers Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 2:13am
post #57 of 89

DVR didn't record it. icon_mad.gif Hopefully it will catch that show sometime later this week.

Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 2:25am
post #58 of 89

Mine didn't either. It had it listed as a rerun originally airing in March of this year. Grrr.

Maria_Campos Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 2:47am
post #59 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

How did Roland do -- was his a cool creation too?

Roland did very well but the judges was hard on him for his fondant work and his Oscar was not to scale with the trash can but he and his wife did a very good job. But Mike's execution was flawless as usual, though some how he loss an eyelash from one of his characters eye, his big bird was ridiculous.

TwoSweetSisters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TwoSweetSisters Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 3:07am
post #60 of 89

All of the cakes were awesome!!! Amazing amount of detail to get done in 8 hours!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%