What Is The Correct Name For A Kitchen Rental?

Business By Dizzymaiden Updated 24 Jul 2009 , 4:26am by anasasi

Dizzymaiden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dizzymaiden Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 2:22pm
post #1 of 7

I have been looking for a place what will let me bake for a fee out of their certified kitchen but coming up cold.

I am in MA - not far from Boston but would like to be closer to home...Concord.

Anyone? icon_smile.gif

6 replies
MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 6:21pm
post #2 of 7

try incubator kitchens

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 6:59pm
post #3 of 7

Kitchen rental

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 7:08pm
post #4 of 7

It could also be a kitchen sublet or a kitchen share... it can be called any number of things.

Soniabean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Soniabean Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 5:58pm
post #5 of 7

I think they are called kitchen incubators or culinary incubators. Here is a website that has a listing of available rentals by State.

I was excited when I found out about them because one of my greatest challenges was finding a place where I could bake and become a legitimate business.

Soniabean icon_smile.gif

anasasi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anasasi Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 4:15am
post #6 of 7

DizzyMaiden, there's a kitchen incubator in MA but it's way down in Dartmouth. There was another out in western MA that closed up in 2008 because they couldn't break even. Try Craig's List. I came across an ad for a restaurant in Arlington (should be reasonable driving distance from Concord barring crazy traffic) that only opens up after 5 p.m. The owner was looking for someone who could use the kitchen on a consistent basis, even if only one or two days per week, but was willing to setup a per use basis in the meantime. He was looking for $20.00 an hour for on call use. Storage and use of all his equipment was included. It's a bit too far/pricey for me so I thought I'd share. Go under commercial lease and/or housing and do a search for commercial kitchen. If it's still available it should come up within the first page or two. Otherwise your best bet would be to try your local church kitchen or even an American Legion or Elk's Club with a licensed kitchen. Good luck! HTH

anasasi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anasasi Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 4:26am
post #7 of 7

Quote by @%username% on %date%