Waterbath A Cheesecake Or Not ?

Baking By TOMAY Updated 21 Jul 2009 , 11:07pm by lngo

TOMAY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TOMAY Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 4:47pm
post #1 of 7

I am making the recipe from pampered chef creamy cheesecake The recipe states just to bake , I thought all cheesecake needed to be waterbathed so what should I do
thanks
Torie

6 replies
Marina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marina Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 4:56pm
post #2 of 7

It doesn't need to have a water bath...but, the texture will be little different (not as creamy, imo) and also the cake will rise and then leave a "sinkhole". My mom still makes her cheesecakes like this! She doesn't believe in the waterbath method.

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 5:36pm
post #3 of 7

It's not necessary, but I always bake mine in a waterbath... much better results, in my opinion.

Lee15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lee15 Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 7:38pm
post #4 of 7

Agree - I always use a waterbath and the texture comes out much better.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 2:00am
post #5 of 7

I don't use waterbath and my cheesecakes tastes and comes out great.

flourpowerMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flourpowerMN Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 3:49am
post #6 of 7

I agree...you don't *have* to use a water bath but you'll get more consistent results if you do.

The biggest keys with cheesecakes are:
1) let the ingredients come to room temp before using (30 minutes on the counter)
2) Mix your cream cheese until smooth before adding any other ingredients, especially liquids.
3) use a water bath
4) don't overbake
5) When cooking is complete, gently loosen the collar of the pan...don't remove it entirely until completely cool.

Good luck!

lngo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lngo Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 11:07pm
post #7 of 7

I don't use a waterbath. I just mix my room temp ingredients and bake at a lower temp for a longer amount of time. I always come out with creamy cheesecakes, and they don't brown unless I bake too long.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%