Coloring Mmf

Decorating By rcsnickers2 Updated 18 Jul 2009 , 6:21pm by AverageMom

rcsnickers2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rcsnickers2 Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 3:22pm
post #1 of 3

I usually color my fondant using Wilton coloring gel or paste. My SIL stated that she uses a powder which gets the colors better and faster. So I am curious which is better? Where do you buy the powder for coloring? Michaels does not have any.

Also, where is the best place to buy the Gum that makes fondant harder? I am not sure the name exactly but I remember it being a powder and called something gum.


2 replies
Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 6:13pm
post #2 of 3

you can buy powder food color and tylose from global sugar craft. Sometimes pwd food colors are used for coloring chocolate.

AverageMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AverageMom Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 6:21pm
post #3 of 3

I've never used the powder, since I can't get it here. I use the gels. The gum you are looking for is tylose powder, found in gum paste. If I am making shapes or figures I mix gumpaste (already made) into my fondant. Hope this helps!

Quote by @%username% on %date%