Edible Image Printers

Decorating By kim_catt Updated 18 Jul 2009 , 11:56am by Sweetriley

kim_catt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kim_catt Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 11:42am
post #1 of 2

i thought i read somewhere before; that you can use a regular printer instead of buying a expensive edible image printer. You just have to make sure that it has NEVER been used with regular ink before. Am i correct? if so, what kinds do you recomend? also you you purchase in ink for them? sorry for so many questions.

Hope you can help me understand and have a nice weekend.

1 reply
Sweetriley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetriley Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 11:56am
post #2 of 2

You can use a regular printer. I first had an Epson but it clogged so many times. Finally I switched to a Canon and it's fantastic! I think I paid about $89 for it. The printer needs to be new. Go to the Kopy Kake site. This is all they do and they really explain everything you need. I really love mine and use it mainly for cookies. The ink and edible paper can get a bit expensive though.

Quote by @%username% on %date%