Really Need Advice.....

Decorating By lovetofrost Updated 25 Jul 2009 , 9:46pm by lovetofrost

lovetofrost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovetofrost Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 4:04am
post #1 of 10

I have a grooms cake to do and my brain is dead. Do you guys have any suggestions on the easiest way to do this image? THANKS A BUNCH for your help.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3254/2726892796_ed36a21d0e.jpg?v=1217724706

9 replies
stsapph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stsapph Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 4:12am
post #2 of 10

You could try a frozen buttercream transfer, or a chocolate transfer. That way, you can make it ahead of time and then place on the cake when you are ready. They are also pretty easy to do. HTH

cdavis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cdavis Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 4:16am
post #3 of 10

I would enlarge the picture. Print it. Make a stencil, trace on fondant cut it out and apply it to the cake.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 4:22am
post #4 of 10

both c/cers advice is great...

tastyart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastyart Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 4:23am
post #5 of 10

If you are going for the same look as in the photo, it looks like a chocolate cut out. You could make a stencil and then cut the design out of a sheet of chocolate.

handymama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
handymama Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 4:27am
post #6 of 10

I would either make a pattern and then cut it out of chocolate clay with an exacto knife or make a pattern, transfer it to the cake, then pipe an outline and fill with chocolate.I wouldn't use fondant because it's floppy enough that you could lose the shape of your design.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 4:30am
post #7 of 10

What if you outline it and flood with chocolate.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 4:45am
post #8 of 10

If you used fondant for it, since it's going on a flat surface, you could let the fondant sit for a while until it was stiff enough to pick up easily.

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 5:03am
post #9 of 10

I think if you did chocolate on vinyl you'd get that nice shiny finish. If you reverse the image for cutout, you'd be able to just flip the image over and peel the vinyl off.

lovetofrost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovetofrost Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 9:46pm
post #10 of 10

thanks for all your advice. i've tried several times to do a buttercream transfer and it always ends up splotchy. i am glad you suggested the chocolate transfer. i worked out amazingly. i have never been able to get my fonts to look that great. i did have a problem with transferring the antler. it cracked. but fixed easily since it could be melted back together. here is a pic of the finished product. thanks again for everything. couldn't upload pic. it is in my photo album. thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%