Have You Tried Cream Cheese Filling In A Sleeve?

Decorating By cocobean Updated 16 Jul 2009 , 12:36am by bobwonderbuns

cocobean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobean Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 10:49pm
post #1 of 6

If you have tried cream cheese filling in a sleeve, did you like it and would recomend it? icon_confused.gif

5 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 11:29pm
post #2 of 6

DIdn't like it. It had a tart or sharp taste to me.

sweetsbyl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsbyl Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 11:36pm
post #3 of 6

I didn't like it either; I tasted it and then threw it away.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 11:48pm
post #4 of 6

When my munchkin daughter (29) did her first wedding cuppie cakethis summer (I don't think I ever posted pictures did I?)--we went with the sleeved cream cheese filling--she added ginger to it for the carrot cuppies and she added lemon & vanilla for the hot fudge cuppies. It was fine.

We used it because of it's stability.

I think it's more stable than regular cream cheese filling--I mean I always thought it was--it is isn't it?

Yes regular cream cheese filling tastes better but this stuff was ok especially since she doctored it.

In my fillings, I use real cream cheese, advise the bride (or whosoever) & time it carefully. Four hours total out of the frige--then it turns into a pumpkin.

cocobean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobean Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 12:31am
post #5 of 6

Thanks everyone I guess I'm going to have to cut the sleeve open and taste it myself. I don't want to use it if I don't like it either. I was looking for something stable. It is for a birthday party cake for twins. Gal says it's going to be outside. I am making a banana cake and she thought cream cheese frosting would be good. What do you think about using crustin cream cheese? Although I was also leary of any cake that has to be refridgerated because there is fondant detail on the cake. I did't want it to sweat and look shiny.

Any suggestions? Maybe just a vanilla buttercream that uses hi ration shortening like sugarshacks.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 12:36am
post #6 of 6

Yes and it's disgusting. icon_confused.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%