40Th Birthday With A Senior Citizen Theme

Decorating By cakesbyamym Updated 16 Jul 2009 , 3:43pm by jimandmollie

cakesbyamym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyamym Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 2:19pm
post #1 of 3

I have a customer interested in a 40th bd cake for her husband's surprise party next week. They're decorating the venue in a "senior center" theme. She doesn't want the typical black icing, tombstone, etc. decorations. She is only interested in a sheet cake, not a tiered, so I was thinking....

*An old man slumped down over a walker
*Bottle of pills
*Cane
*Background with a senior center building

I can't seem to tie it all together cohesively to make it make sense in my mind, or to come up with alternative ideas.

I would love so thoughts or ideas, if any of you have time.

2 replies
Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 3:01pm
post #2 of 3

Make a tall building, on top is a bottle of pills, the cane will be leaning against the buildong wall and the walker... hmmf I don't know about that. Maybe out the old man on the top edge of building, trying to pull his falling walker.

jimandmollie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jimandmollie Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 3:43pm
post #3 of 3

I would make your cake like in the pic I am posting then add the old guy with a walker going up the walk. If you want, you could add a nurse standing at the front door holding a pill bottle and a set of dentures. Of course, the colors in my pic are horrible (I was hurrying) but you get the basic idea. You could also add flowers along the walk and one of those rounded canvas roof things over the front door. I also think a "World's Best Pap" shirt is important and don't forget to put tennis balls on the legs of the walker.

To make the "stand" you just put two boards together and secure them with "L" brackets from the hardware store.

Good luck!

LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%