cas17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cas17 Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 5:05pm
post #31 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelytee

Quote:
Originally Posted by artscallion

I would send her an email...

"So sorry to hear that you forgot to attend your second missed tasting. Unfortunately, none of the tasting samples on my cake tree will ripen until well after your wedding. It's unfortunate, and completely my fault. Had I understood ahead of time what little value you would be placing on my time and money, I would have waited until you arrived before going out into the back yard and picking your tasting samples off the cake tree. That way the samples would still be hanging there awaiting your smallest whim."

Lol! This tree must be in the garden next to the money tree and labor/time tree. Since she is an airhead she would probably be lost in that garden for ages. I tell you some people think that the world revolves around them. Like other others have said, if you do the cake do it on your strictest terms.

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif i love it and yes sometimes i wish i could say that too!

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 5:18pm
post #32 of 47

I would probably just not respond anymore. Let her call you or email and request the time to meet with you. And I would charge for the next one too,,,

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 5:27pm
post #33 of 47

Yeah, I let one go once, just cut off communication all together. She missed 2 tastings. I have my studio in the historic district of town, so people are always walking around to and from restaurants, and I know this twit walked up to the shop right around the time were supposed to meet, paused for a minute, my place isn't marked, and turned around and walked down to a restaurant. I know it was her. No call later, no nothing, so I didn't even bother calling her to ask what her plans still were. We were scheduled to do the contract and deposit and everything that night. She's getting married this Saturday as a matter of fact.

divaofcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
divaofcakes Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 5:43pm
post #34 of 47

Wow, I am blown away by all your advice and support. Thanks to everyone!!

In response to a message she left me (she wants to reschedule the tasting... ha ha!! The nerve!), I have emailed her a note that I will not be rescheduling any tastings and if she is still serious about hiring me, she will need to make a large deposit. We shall see...

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 5:51pm
post #35 of 47

divaofcakes.. please let this one go.. the money you would make isn,t worth the headaches ahead of you.. someone else will fill that opening.. just tell her you can no longer make her cake..you don,t owe her a thing. the one that will call to fill that opening will be much easier to work with.. hth

diane706 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane706 Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 5:53pm
post #36 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeMeister

I'd beat her with a stick. WHACK!

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif oh my gosh, that's so funny!! OP, I haven't read through all of the posts on this thread and maybe this was mentioned, but this is why I charge for tastings AHEAD of time. The $25 that I charge goes toward the cost of the cake if they decide to book it with me.

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 10:19pm
post #37 of 47

[quote="diane706"]

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeMeister

I'd beat her with a stick. WHACK!

because then, after you decide not to deal with her, which ever bakery she goes to next will see the bump and remember this story!
(how i wish i could use that respose to people that bug me!)
xx

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 10:43pm
post #38 of 47

I don't see any reason for you to contact her. If she contacts you again tell her that you can not schedule another tasting as you are already out of pocket. This is why I also charge $35,00 for a tasting to be paid in advance & this amount will be applied to the cost of your cake should you decide to go with me.

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 10:48pm
post #39 of 47

$35,000?? Dayumn! That better be some gold leafed cake! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

bakery_chick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakery_chick Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 10:52pm
post #40 of 47

I would take the order, but I would make her purchase a small cake if she wanted to "taste" my cake again, and I would be sure to make her sign a contract with a clear non-refundable agreement in it.

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 1:39am
post #41 of 47

LOL, I am laughing at myself so much, of course I meant $35.00. What a nut I am!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 2:22am
post #42 of 47
chryscrazy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chryscrazy Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 4:32am
post #43 of 47

Tell her you forgot she wanted a cake for that day and booked another.

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 8:44am
post #44 of 47

forgetting isnt even relevant - if the woman hasnt paid a deposit to book the day, then its still up for grabs to anyone else.
xx

HoodiesGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HoodiesGoodies Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 4:32pm
post #45 of 47
Quote:

"So sorry to hear that you forgot to attend your second missed tasting. Unfortunately, none of the tasting samples on my cake tree will ripen until well after your wedding. It's unfortunate, and completely my fault. Had I understood ahead of time what little value you would be placing on my time and money, I would have waited until you arrived before going out into the back yard and picking your tasting samples off the cake tree. That way the samples would still be hanging there awaiting your smallest whim."

That is tooo Funny. For some reason I dont think this paticular customer would understand the sarcazam. I like the way you think thoough...roflmao.....

OfficerMorgan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OfficerMorgan Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 5:08am
post #46 of 47

Don't call back. She's a self centered airhead.

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 9:58pm
post #47 of 47
Quote:

BWHAHAHAHAHA icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%