Wilton Method Instructor

Decorating By haileysmommy Updated 15 Jul 2009 , 2:06am by Ceggy

haileysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
haileysmommy Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 6:35pm
post #1 of 11

i will have my 1st class as a wmi in october. when the lady at the park set up my classes the 1st one will be a candy making & pretzel decorating for kids. i have no idea what i can do for candy making side of this. any ideas?

thanks tiffany icon_smile.gif

10 replies
haileysmommy Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 8:04pm
post #2 of 11

any one

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 11:13pm
post #3 of 11

I would contact your supervisor and ask her if they have a class guidelines for candy making.

I teach at Michaels and we have a Class guidelines that we follow for all the project classes.

haileysmommy Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 11:52pm
post #4 of 11

i have a guigeline but not for kids. thanks

haileysmommy Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 11:53pm
post #5 of 11

i have a guigeline but not for kids. thanks

TexasSugar Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 12:18am
post #6 of 11

What is the age group?

haileysmommy Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 1:27am
post #7 of 11

they will be 10 and over. thanks again

haileysmommy Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 1:30am
post #8 of 11

they will be 10 and over. thanks again

TexasSugar Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 1:50am
post #9 of 11

For that age group I'd probably just follow the original guidelines, or just make a few changes for the younger ones.

Ceggy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ceggy Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 2:05am
post #10 of 11

For the younger project class students...you could always show them how to melt the chocolates and use the disposable decorating bags to fill candy molds and make lollipops...something fun and autumnal! You can help them dip pretzels rods and roll them in sprinkles or drizzle the fun colored chocolates over them to make them pretty. Show them neat ways to package them and then tell them that they can give them away as gifts too! I teach at an ACMoore, and they dont carry the Wilton chocolates, so I cant to chocolate project classes...but wish I could! Have fun!

Ceggy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ceggy Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 2:06am
post #11 of 11

For the younger project class students...you could always show them how to melt the chocolates and use the disposable decorating bags to fill candy molds and make lollipops...something fun and autumnal! You can help them dip pretzels rods and roll them in sprinkles or drizzle the fun colored chocolates over them to make them pretty. Show them neat ways to package them and then tell them that they can give them away as gifts too! I teach at an ACMoore, and they dont carry the Wilton chocolates, so I cant to chocolate project classes...but wish I could! Have fun!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%