Should Have Stayed In Bed!!

Lounge By Jen80 Updated 17 Jul 2009 , 3:21pm by Jen80

Jen80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jen80 Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 12:58pm
post #1 of 10

I haven't been feeling too well for the last year and a half, but this morning I got out of bed and thought "I feel really good!!"............too bad my day didn't want to match my attitude.
My DH and I went to get firewood from my MIL's. When I walked up to the back paddock towards the wood pile my step-sons hunting dogs knocked me right over. I then proceeded to help DH to load firewood and I dropped quite a large log on my foot, then while following DH home who was in the ute while I was about 10 mins behind in the car I ran out of petrol. When we finally arrived home I went out to help DH unload the wood I knocked myself with a log again, this time on the upper leg. Growing thankful that the great firewood expidition was almost over I went to pick up another log and a scorpion bit me!!
Thankfully they're not poisonous here in Australia. I wasn't sure about that when it bit me though.
I'm just glad that I was well enough to handle it all.
Don't worry I won't be offended if you laugh.

9 replies
Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 2:09pm
post #2 of 10

Oh my God you poor thing. A Scorpion!! icon_eek.gif It sounds like a "Friday the 13th" type of day.............you need a cocktail for sure! icon_biggrin.gif

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 3:00pm
post #3 of 10

lol I kept thinking her day can't get any worse! Take it easy and sleep in late!

Eliza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eliza Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 4:45pm
post #4 of 10

OH NO!! What a day!! ((((HUG))))

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 5:50pm
post #5 of 10

Geez, what a day!

Just to be a know-it-all....... scorpions don't actually bite, they sting. icon_razz.gif

Jen80 Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 11:53am
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensch

Geez, what a day!

Just to be a know-it-all....... scorpions don't actually bite, they sting. icon_razz.gif

And let me tell you.....they sure as H do!!!!

Thanks for all your concern everyone.

Jen80 Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 11:46pm
post #7 of 10

When is this gonna end?!!! icon_mad.gif
I wonder if my DH would mind if I stayed in bed all week.

I attempted to make kakes_by_kim's Chocolate Fudge Cake (the day after the wood expidition) and it overflowed in the oven, then it sunk, then when I took it out it had burned on the bottom icon_redface.gif . I hope it turns out next time 'cause it is a really nice cake. thumbs_up.gif

Then yesterday I noticed I was getting scratches on the inside of my little finger. Obviously I didn't take much notice then because when I looked again last night I realised that it was from the claws on my engagement ring because the diamond had fallen out!! icon_cry.gif
And this scorpion sting is really annoying me. It's getting so itchy and sore that it's keeping me awake at night.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 1:20am
post #8 of 10

Oh no you lost your diamond? I wonder if the setting became loose when you were helping with the wood.

Are you putting any medicine or antibiotic cream on that scorpion sting? You may want to get that checked out if it doesn't stop bothering you in a day or two.

I'm so sorry for all your troubles and I hope your week gets better. Hopefully your diamond will miraculously show up.

Eliza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eliza Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 6:07pm
post #9 of 10

I hope you week gets better and that you find your diamond!

Jen80 Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 3:21pm
post #10 of 10

Bad luck has finally ended. Evidence of sting is almost non-existant now. Just the occasional itching. But I've given up all hope of ever finding the diamond. Yeah, I'm thinking it came loose when picking up the wood too.

icon_lol.gif I went to write "it cake loose". Need to get off this site, it definately is addictive. It's almost 1.30am here. Yawn. CC is causing me lack of sleep. icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%