Killer Of Threads

Lounge By Karema Updated 23 Jul 2009 , 3:21am by jaybug

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 9:29pm
post #1 of 37

I am beginning to think that I'm the killer of threads. Everytime I make a comment on a thread all of a sudden there are no responses. Maybe it's just me but I'm begining to feel like a red headed stepchild!

36 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 10:04pm
post #2 of 37

No fair! I answered you earlier!

Actually, most of the threads are slow this weekend. I think there's only one that took off, and the others kind of sat there, beckoning, but with no takers.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

vtcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vtcake Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 11:00pm
post #3 of 37

I hate that expression! My wonderful beautiful girls are red heads.

There, you got an answer!

glendaleAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glendaleAZ Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 11:33pm
post #4 of 37

You're not alone. Happens to me all the time. I just like to think that everything has been answered in the thread, so no more replys are needed.

Karema Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 12:03am
post #5 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcake

I hate that expression! My wonderful beautiful girls are red heads.

There, you got an answer!

Sorry didn't mean to offend you. I'm sorry.

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 12:39am
post #6 of 37

Oh Karema....have that dang baby already. Get rid of those out of control hormones. icon_biggrin.gif

OfficerMorgan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OfficerMorgan Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 2:47am
post #7 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by __Jamie__

Oh Karema....have that dang baby already. Get rid of those out of control hormones. icon_biggrin.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I think we will all be happy when that comes to pass. Miss Karema has the worst case of preggers hormones I have ever seen!

OfficerMorgan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OfficerMorgan Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 2:48am
post #8 of 37
Quote:

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I think we will all be happy when that comes to pass. Miss Karema has the worst case of preggers hormones I have ever seen!

Karema Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 2:58am
post #9 of 37

ok seriously I'm sorry I even came on this site tonight. There is nothing wrong with my hormones and I'm tired of people using that as an excuse to say whatever to me. How would you all feel if people kept saying that you must be PMSing all the time. I can do everyone a favor before the baby is born and really make your day buy just keeping my mouth shut! I just came on here because I consider a lot of you on here my friends. You are always there for me whether it's cake related or not. I was just stating that I felt that everytime I made a comment all of a sudden the thread ended. I was making fun of myself and I get all this. Whatever. I suppose that is my hormones talking sorry!

__Jamie__ Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 3:55am
post #10 of 37

Because you are, frankly, always posting something with the tone of "poor me". Go ahead, bite my head off. But reread the threads that you personally started, in a month or two after the baby is here. I am willing to bet you agree. icon_smile.gif

__Jamie__ Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 4:03am
post #11 of 37

And, not to keep egging you on, but it's nearly impossible to "read" that you were making fun of yourself, when the tone and language were not in a humorous manner, and all you had to do was put a laughing smiley at the end, and we would have gotten that it was indeed supposed to be lighthearted! Congratulations on the new baby in 17 days...must be exciting!

cupcakeco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakeco Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 5:44am
post #12 of 37

Ditto on the red-headed stepchild thing. No offense taken here, but I feel that it's important to recognize that the use of that term is, for many, akin to the use of the words "retarded", "gay", etc....

ETA--And by no means is this an attack on you, your post, etc. I posted for all who read here! icon_smile.gif

Karema Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 4:32pm
post #13 of 37
Quote:

Because you are, frankly, always posting something with the tone of "poor me". Go ahead, bite my head off. But reread the threads that you personally started, in a month or two after the baby is here. I am willing to bet you agree. icon_smile.gif

Ok really in all fairness the only things I've complained on here is about my in-laws or my hubby. I can't really talk to my husband about this stuff because he is so defensive when it comes to his mom and I can't really talk to my mom because she uses everything I say against me later on. Also if you look at all of my post there are only about 4 or 5 on there where I was venting about something and the rest were questions or comments to other people's post. So I really don't see where you are getting all this info from.

I've already asked for this thread to be deleated because personally I'm tired of getting attacked on here with a nice smiley face at the end to lighten the blow. Your first comment about me going ahead and having the baby didnt bother me too much but when I have someone saying "Yeah we all can't wait for that day because she has the worse case of preggers hormones!" I will get defensive and so would anyone else on here that is normal. I think some people really do come for the drama and to cause as much trouble as they can including piggy backing off of other peoples comments.

I have already appoloized for the red headed comment and I'm not going to again. I wasn't aware that the comment was offensive and I believe you learn something new everyday so that is what I learned yesterday so it's over. As far as me venting if that is not allowed that I will stop. I wasn't aware that my in law problems was affecting others and making me look like I was always saying poor me. I will find a friend to confide in and stay off of the threads. I come here because all my friends come to me with their problems all day and after I'm done listening to them I don't really feel like I should tell them mine because they all think I'm a great listener and give the best advice. Sometimes you just want people to listen to you. That is why I came here but I won't anymore and I'm sorry once again if I offended anyone or annoyed you with my post that was not my intentions and I would never want to be a burden on anyone.

Karema

__Jamie__ Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 4:49pm
post #14 of 37

Here's another one for ya' icon_smile.gif

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 5:16pm
post #15 of 37

Let's change the subject icon_biggrin.gif

Karema, you're further along in your pregnancy than I got with either of mine. I remember feeling miserably crowded in there...I can't even imagine how much worse it gets in the last couple of weeks. How are you feeling? Are you eager for it to be over?

Oh, and did you have your baby shower yet? We want to hear about all the neat stuff that you got!!!

Karema Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 5:31pm
post #16 of 37

If I could have this baby tomorrow I would trust me! It doesn't help that I've been sick all weekend with a cold and can't take any medicine. Other that that I'm doing great! Thanks for asking. I'm scheduled for the c-section on the 28th and I'm so scared. It was so different when I went into labor and had to end up with a c-section. Its scary to have to walk in knowing that you are about to go under the knife! Yikes. My hubby wants to wait to have the baby on the 28th because that is is fathers birthday but the doctors said I can have the baby on the 19th if I want. That is my grandmothers birthday. I'm trying to be patient and wait till the 28th but I want him out now!!! LOL

I haven't had a shower yet and I'm not holding my breath. lol. I know that my family wants to send gifts so I registered with Babies R Us. I'm so excited to see my baby boy and keep trying to imagine how he looks. I know he will be gorgous and will post pics as soon as he is here. I'm taking my laptop to the hospital and they have internet!!! Imagine me in the hospital on cake central talking about I'm having the baby now! icon_biggrin.gif

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 5:55pm
post #17 of 37

I'm like you, my first c-section was not planned but my second was. I was scared too. You know what, though? It's a lot easier...

When I had my first baby, they tried to induce my labor for three days before I cussed everyone out and said get this baby out or let me go home (not my finest moment LOL). When I had my second, I showed up at the hospital at 8 for my appointment and by 11:30 everything was all done and I was holding my baby. I only had to stay in the hospital for 3 days. The recovery took a lot less time too. The incision was only about 5 or 6 inches wide...big difference from my first where they cut me from hipbone to hipbone. By the second week, I was off the painkillers and feeling pretty good.

One thing I found that really helped was those tight spandex underwear...you know, the ones Walmart sells that look like shiny granny panties? Anyhow, they help support your tummy while the incision heals and then it doesn't hurt to try to sit up or carry your baby around. If you can, take some of that infant gas medicine to the hospital with you and start taking it after the c-section. It's safe to use when you're breastfeeding and doesn't interact with other medicines and it really helps to get rid of that pressure feeling after the surgery.

I had to have surgery on my leg a couple months ago and my husband couldn't understand why I was so scared by that when I wasn't scared to have the c-sections...but I told him it was because there was no baby at the end of it!

I can't wait to see pictures of your little man, I hope you talk your husband into the 19th instead of the 28th.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 6:19pm
post #18 of 37

Hi Karema,

My first baby was a surprise c-section after going all the way to 9 centimeters she was breach and wouldn't budge. For my second we planned a date for the section but I went into labor a week before the date. Same problem though he wanted to come out butt first so they did the section anyway.

I hope you go in before the 19th, maybe the little guy will get anxious and want to come out and have his own birthday. Eat spicy food!! icon_lol.gif

Good luck, I hope it's quick and easy for you.......I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 9:03pm
post #19 of 37

Hi Karema!

My little man is 4 months old and I had an emergency c-section 2 weeks before the repeat I had scheduled. It was my third and I have to say that it was the worst, with the bowel probs. I didn't have a "movement" for 10 days and when I did..."OH BOY!"icon_surprised.gif But day two after section I had a cramp that felt like a charlie horse in my shoulder.icon_cry.gif I was curled in a ball screaming, icon_redface.gif I was told that it had nothing to do with the baby, it was trapped gas, and they gave me pills, I recommend taking stool softeners 2 times a day and taking the gas relief pills or drops before the surgery. I pray everything goes well for you! Congratulations!

And with the hormones, I get what your talking about. I feel like a redheaded step-child,(and I like that expression, and I'm gonna use it, and as a natural red-head, i give you permission to use too!) And like the only friends I have are CCers. And I feel like crying lots of times, and yeah, hormones can be terrible, but they don't change the facts and if the facts are bleak, that;s how I;m gonna feel about it! Don't let anybody run you off! Yoou can cry on my shoulder about spilt milk, I've been there, and I won't cry "hormones!"

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 9:56pm
post #20 of 37

Karema, look at your watch topics, and count how many you are watching then see how many of then you are the last person to post anything, divide. Mine is 55 watched threads, 25 of them i was the last post. 55/25=.45 I kill 45% of all threads! Can you beat me? icon_twisted.gificon_lol.gif

Karema Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 1:57am
post #21 of 37

I am feeling a lot better as I get closer but very very tired. I talked to my hubby about the date and explained to him that I can't go through this anymore and I'm exhausted. So he didnt say anything at first then after like ten minutes he says "Honey do what you have to do if you are tired lets call the doctor and see if we can move the date"

Soooo I went to the doctor and he said yeah let's change the date because I'm going out of town on the 24th-26th and on the 27th I have three surgeries and then yours on the 28th and I may be tired. I was like ok let's do this. So the new date is the 22nd. I am so relieved. I can't wait.

I wanted to thank so of you for making me feel so much better. Things have been crazy and sometimes I just want to cry and just lean on someones shoulder. I appreciate you being there for me and telling me it's ok to feel bad sometimes but things will get better.

I will post pics of the little man as soon as I'm able and please pray for me that I have a safe delivery.

Karema

Deb_ Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 3:12am
post #22 of 37

Karema that's great you were able to move up the date of your c-section. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers all day on Wednesday, and I can't wait to see pic's of the little guy!

Best wishes and God Bless!

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 3:41am
post #23 of 37

Good luck to you! Everything will go great, I'm sure. icon_smile.gif Let us see the pictures as soon as you can!

mommachris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommachris Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 7:01am
post #24 of 37

Sending you a big hug. ((((hug))))

Don't let this planned c-section make you worry. Honestly is it the strangest thing to walk in the hospital with out labor and then get the baby without all the pain.

I've had six babies the 'regular' way, two by emergency c-section and the last one was planned. That one way just surreal. I kept laying in the bed while we waited our turn and thinking, 'this is just not happening to me. How can I be having a baby today, where is all the drama and work?'

They even asked me to WALK to the surgery room. Are you kidding me?
To be given an spinal with out being in agony ( remember I was in hard labor before) was the only hurdle I had to make it over. The rest was a piece of cake.

Yes, all three times I got that blindingly painful shoulder.. it was always the left shoulder. Felt like I had nerve damage. Just stay on top of your pain meds...ask for them ever four hours, not when you feel pain cause by then you'll be crying.

You can do this, it is only about 5 days of weirdness and comparing that to the rest of your life....It is doable.

If you have any questions, don't be afraid to pm me. I'm pretty open and not embarrassed to talk about stuff.

Oh yea, don't forget to pack diaper wipes, the hospitals never give you any and those first diapers are a real mess with out them. icon_wink.gif

christyann

jaybug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaybug Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 12:03pm
post #25 of 37

Keep your head up hon! Only two more days and you will be holding your sweet little bundle! Can't wait to see pics! icon_biggrin.gif

Karema Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 2:21am
post #26 of 37

For those of you that have had a planned c-section I have a few questions. The doctor just gave me a paper telling me what time to be there and that's it, but they never told me whether I could eat or not. I have to be there at 9:30 am and my surgery is at 12:30 should I not eat that morning or the night before? Just wondering. Also I'm just wondering the proceedure when you get to the hospital. Like do they put IV in, give you a enema, put in a catheder (before or after they numb you), Give you a spinal straight or do they numb the area first. Ok I know it's a lot of questions but I don't feel like calling my doctor ten times while I think of questions every five minutes because I'm still scared.

I'm hoping I make it to Wednesday because I've been in pain all day. Contractions have been on and off and my back is killing me. I'm having a hard time walking because I feel like the baby is right in my pelvis. My mom is guessing I will go in tonight or tomorrow but I really don't think so. Anyway thanks for putting up with all my questions.

karema

jaybug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaybug Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 2:38am
post #27 of 37

Well, when my daughter had her scheduled c-section she was told nothing by mouth after midnight prior to surgery. She was given an IV when she got in her room. She didn't get an enema and they didn't put the catheter in until after the spinal. And yes they did numb the area a bit before giving the spinal. Don't worry too much hon. You will do just fine. thumbs_up.gif

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 2:49am
post #28 of 37

Karema,
I though I was the thread killer, and I laughed when I saw your post. I thought about starting a forum with the same title! And, like you, I'm amused by it.

Deb_ Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 3:35am
post #29 of 37

It's been 19yrs since my last c-section, but I do remember even back then the nurses and anesthesiologist were all wonderful. They always go above and beyond to make the Mom as comfortable as they can.

I HATE needles and I was sure to tell them that ahead of time....I remember the anesthesiologist numbing the spot on my back where the needle was going to be inserted.

Write down all of your questions and concerns and phone your Dr in the morning.....you have a right to ask as many questions as you can think of, don't let him/her cut you short. When you arrive at the hospital, again, ask any and all questions that you can think of.

Ideally they probably will tell you not to eat or drink, however both of mine ended up being "unplanned" because I went into labor, and I had eaten Kentucky Fried Chicken the same night my daughter was delivered by c-section. Probably why I kept vomitting............yuck! LOL!!

Try to get a good night's rest tonight and tomorrow, so you'll be ready for the little man's arrival!

You'll do great, please try not to worry too much! I always told myself, it's just one short period of discomfort, for a lifetime of pleasure.

cindy1176 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy1176 Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 5:32pm
post #30 of 37

Hey Karema...you don't know me, but I want you to know you are in my thoughts today and for the next few days...you and your little man will be home before you know it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%