Wedding Cake Price Question?

Business By Destinys_Delights Updated 11 Jul 2009 , 9:09pm by indydebi

Destinys_Delights Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Destinys_Delights Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 5:01pm
post #1 of 6

Hi, I have a question about pricing for wedding cakes. If you price per serving do you add in the top tier to your serving price or do you only price for the other tiers. Thanks

5 replies
FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 5:09pm
post #2 of 6

I price the whole cake. They want to save the top that's up to them, but they pay for the whole cake. I offer a 4" anniversary tier to be made fresh on their one year anniversary so most pf my wedding clients aren't saving the top tier anyway. If they will be saving it, don't count it in the final servings, but to account for it in the pricing. So if there is a 6" topper... and they need cake for 120... the cake they get will be for 130... they pay for all 130 servings but their cake will technically serve 120 because the 10 servings from the topper cake will not be served to the guests.

sandeeb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandeeb Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 5:14pm
post #3 of 6

Hi, I also charge for the whole cake. Since we have to bake it I charge for it.

sandeeb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandeeb Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 5:14pm
post #4 of 6

Hi, I also charge for the whole cake. Since we have to bake it I charge for it.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 5:24pm
post #5 of 6

We also charge for the whole cake.
Edna icon_smile.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 9:09pm
post #6 of 6

I charge for the whole cake and they get a free 6" cake on their first anniversary.

I'm not so sure that anyone is saving the top tier anymore. I can't remember the last bride who opted for saving the top tier .... they all jump at the chance for the free fresh cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%