What Do You Cover Your Cake Boards With?

Decorating By ckirkland Updated 8 Sep 2005 , 11:18pm by freddie

freddie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddie Posted 7 Sep 2005 , 12:11pm
post #31 of 38

I use tissue paper and clear cellophane over it, its cheap and with the variety of tissue colors and patterns I can go many different ways. I also often use the plastic tablecloths from the dollar store for covering larger boards. Both of these are easy to wipe clean which for sloppy me is very important !!!

RaeMarie

Cakeasyoulikeit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeasyoulikeit Posted 7 Sep 2005 , 12:57pm
post #32 of 38

Probably a dumb question, but is "clear cellophane" the same thing as plastic wrap (saran wrap)? If so, how do you get it flat and smooth?

Thanks!

alimonkey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alimonkey Posted 8 Sep 2005 , 2:13am
post #33 of 38

I found some great looking gift bags at the dollar store last week. They were super big with holographic designs on them. I was able to get a 10" board, top & bottom, out of each side.

Even better, they're really thick, with a plastic kind of coating on them, so they don't even need to be covered with plastic, though of course you would want to if you wanted them back.

nanni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanni Posted 8 Sep 2005 , 2:24am
post #34 of 38

I use the wrapping paper and clear contact paper-or tissue paper and clear contact paper-depends on the occasion. I have alot of the foil too but I switch back and forth.

dandelion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion Posted 8 Sep 2005 , 3:15am
post #35 of 38

Do you really have to cover cake boards all fancy? I usually just put two layers of aluminum foil on my board... is that okay?

freddie Posted 8 Sep 2005 , 3:26am
post #36 of 38

Clear Cellophane is the stuff that is used to cover gift baskets, you may call it something different there. It is not saran wrap.

Hope this clears it up for you 'Cakesasyoulikeit'

Raemarie

Cakeasyoulikeit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeasyoulikeit Posted 8 Sep 2005 , 12:25pm
post #37 of 38

Thanks, Raemarie, that makes more sense. I haven't ever seen that sold though (although admittedly never speicfically looked). Do you get it at a craft store??

Angela

freddie Posted 8 Sep 2005 , 11:18pm
post #38 of 38

I don't know about where you are Angela, but I just pick it up at the local dollar store here in Calgary, You can also get it at Floral shops, not sure about craft stores as I never looked for it there.

RaeMarie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%