New And Need Help With Fondant Ruffles

Decorating By manomi Updated 11 Jul 2009 , 3:03am by manomi

manomi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manomi Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 10:29pm
post #1 of 4

HI every one,
I am new here and love this forum. I want to know how to make fondant ruffles like at the bottom of the doll dress. I have read that u use a tooth pick to do this, but it doesn't work for me. I can't even find any videos. Would you be kind enough to help me with this.

Thanks a lot

3 replies
sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 11:02pm
post #2 of 4

have you tried to use a ball tool? I'm thinking if you put the ball, half on the strip of fondant/gumpaste and half off and gently apply pressure as you move down the strip it should make a ruffle. Just guessing, never done it. I just know when i have thinned down the edges of a gumpaste rose petal in the same manner it kinda ruffles it.

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 11:17pm
post #3 of 4

they sell a tool to make ruffles, I think it is called the Garret frill cutter. If you don't have time to order it, i agree with seetcravings, use the ball tool on a foam mat. HTH

manomi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manomi Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 3:03am
post #4 of 4

Thanks..I'll try thaticon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%