What Are These Used For???

Decorating By cakesbygrandma Updated 10 Jul 2009 , 5:35am by JaimeAnn

cakesbygrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbygrandma Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 2:32am
post #1 of 5

I went to a garage sale and bought a huge tub full of cake decorating supplies really scored...There was eight of these pink half circles with spikes around the edges. Not sure if they are for cake decorating or not. Don't want to throw them away before I know. Would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance,

4 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 2:55am
post #2 of 5

Are they all the same size? I'm taking a guess here, but it looks like it could be a different version of the 'garland marker'. I can see you using it on the side of the cake to get the half circle guides for making garland.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 2:57am
post #3 of 5

used to mark where the drop strings on side of cake would be so you can do royal icing string work easier (or fondant ropes/drapes now-a-days too)

I do NOT have the patience or steady hands to do this drop string work...
so for me it would be fondant ropes and swags.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 3:28am
post #4 of 5

I would say that those are used as a guide to pipe swags/garland/strings.

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 5:35am
post #5 of 5

Yup... Those are guide markers for swags & strings..

I was given a box of Cake decorating supplies by my Aunt that belonged to my Great Grandmother, Since I am the only other person in my family that does cakes, and there were some of those in there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%