Chocolate Fondant On Chocolate Cake?

Decorating By cs_confections Updated 9 Jul 2009 , 10:34pm by kansaswolf

cs_confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cs_confections Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 8:27pm
post #1 of 6

Does a chocolate fondant go well with chocolate cake? If so, what's the best type of chocolate cake to pair it with?

DH thinks it would taste great with any type of chocolate cake, but I worry about the two different chocolate flavors not complimenting each other. I use Satin Ice and when we sampled the chocolate, it tasted like tootsie rolls.

What do you think? Have you paired them together? What type of cake goes best?

Thanks for your input icon_smile.gif

5 replies
cs_confections Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 10:56pm
post #2 of 6

Has anyone done this?

varika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
varika Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 11:05pm
post #3 of 6

I've never done this, but I have done chocolate frosting on a chocolate cake, and the taste has been fine. But if you're worried, why not knead some flavoring into your fondant? Coffee or hazelnut would both work beautifully, for instance.

cs_confections Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 4:10am
post #4 of 6

That's a great idea. Thank you! I love chocolate frosting with chocolate cake - was just worried about mixing the tootsie roll flavor with chocolate cake. Slightly altering the fondant flavor makes perfect sense.

cs_confections Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 4:11am
post #5 of 6

That's a great idea. Thank you! I love chocolate frosting with chocolate cake - was just worried about mixing the tootsie roll flavor with chocolate cake. Slightly altering the fondant flavor makes perfect sense.

kansaswolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaswolf Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 10:34pm
post #6 of 6

I use my chocolate cream cheese fondant recipe on chocolate cake all the time, it's more of a fudgy flavor. Usually works well with most chocolate cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%