Karate Cake

Decorating By cakes4ck Updated 8 Jul 2009 , 5:32am by SugarFrosted

cakes4ck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes4ck Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 2:52am
post #1 of 4

My kids are promoting to their next belts this next week along with others. I want to do a cake or cupcakes for them, but am having problems finding a really cool cake. Has anyone done a karate cake or cupcakes or have any ideas on one? I saw the ones of the uniform, but I think it is kind of boring for 5-8 year olds...sorry. Thinking of incorporating the many weapons they train in: nunchuks, bo, axe, etc. Suggestions?

3 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 3:11am
post #2 of 4

well, it seems like you have your ideas laid out.. why don,t you use them.. sometimes , i log onto clipart.com.. and get ideas to go along with some in my own thoughts...hth

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 4:39am
post #3 of 4

Another possibility, which could be combined with the weapons, maybe, is cartoon-y kids in karate uniforms. I have one in my gallery (http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_59921.html), which used color flow pieces with the front foot up on a marshmallow to give some dimensionality.

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 5:32am
post #4 of 4

Wow I remember those days. My son (now 21 years old) has a 2nd Degree Black Belt in TaeKwonDo. I did lots of cakes for kids in his class back when he was really active. He was attending classes 5 afternoons a week. It wore me out! lol

The most popular was a cake to look like the TKDkid in uniform, with all the patches and appropriate belt and markings. I used the Wilton Handsome Guy pan, but you could easily cut the silhouette shape from a sheet cake. I think I must have done about 30 of those cakes in 6 years. I know you said the uniform is boring, but I will tell you from experience, kids LOVE a cake that looks like them.

Here's an example:
http://www.sugarfrosted.com/displayimage.php?pos=-516
sorry it's a bit fuzzy, scanned from before I went digital. Click the image to make it bigger.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%