Cake Leveler

Decorating By melanier5 Updated 9 Jul 2009 , 4:42am by shebaben

melanier5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melanier5 Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 2:31am
post #1 of 10

I'm having trouble getting my cakes level for stacking.I have Wilton's large and small leveler and am not really satisfied with either.The large
blade won't stay level and cuts up as i go through the cake.Any suggestions on a different kind or a way to make the ones I have work.

9 replies
GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 2:39am
post #2 of 10

i often use waxed floss when my leveler goes awol. hope this helps some

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 2:41am
post #3 of 10

i like my wilton small leveler for cakes up to 12" .. then after that. i use an agbay.. love that too. with all of them,, you have to use a lite sawing motion.. hth

Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 2:49am
post #4 of 10

Well, I too have had no success with cheap ol' wilton. But I made the investment in the agbay...and I absolutely looooooove it!! It is well worth it, and if you plan on baking cakes you should look into this investment. Trust me.....it is a miracle tool icon_smile.gif Just my opinion

melanier5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melanier5 Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 3:17pm
post #5 of 10

Thanks so much.I saw the agbay when I googled levelers.I'll definetly take another look.

hollynme2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollynme2 Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 5:11pm
post #6 of 10

I just bought the agbay from Maureen and not only is it the best tool out there she was a delight to deal with. I am so happy I made the investment.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 5:20pm
post #7 of 10

I got the agbay double -- best investment I've ever made! icon_biggrin.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 6:11pm
post #8 of 10

Wilton = throw that junk away.
Get the Agbay ASAP. You will NOT regret it!

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 7:45pm
post #9 of 10

Here's another way to level (although I would use a larger knife): http://www.creativecelebrationcakes.co.uk/page40.htm

shebaben Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shebaben Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 4:42am
post #10 of 10

Agree completely - trash the cheapo Wiltons and invest in the Agbay!!! Now that I have it, (the double one) I'm kicking myself for not buying it before. Maureen is a lovely, friendly person who will go out of her way to meet your needs. Best investment I've made since I bought my first KA mixer. GO FOR IT - YOU'LL BE GLAD YOU DID!!!! icon_biggrin.gif Pat

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%