Torting Wedding Cakes

Decorating By franskitchen1 Updated 8 Jul 2009 , 4:44am by cocobean

franskitchen1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
franskitchen1 Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 5:34pm
post #1 of 13

do you always torte the layers of youe wedding cakes I always do I was justing wondering if every else did

12 replies
__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 5:42pm
post #2 of 13

Sometimes. Most times I just fill in between the two layers.

sweetpea1972 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetpea1972 Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 5:45pm
post #3 of 13

I have started doing it for most layer cakes and all wedding cakes. It just looks so pretty when its cut!

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 6:20pm
post #4 of 13

I torte all my cakes regardless of what it's for. I like lots of layers of filling not only because it tastes good but as was mentioned above, it looks pretty when it's sliced.

KimAZ

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 7:25pm
post #5 of 13

I torte all of my cakes. To me, untorted cakes are just too much cake and not enough filling.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 2:24am
post #6 of 13

I usually tort my cakes but it depends on the type of cakes I use. Some cake are just too rich with too much filling.

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 3:42am
post #7 of 13

Exactly! Oh man, I make that Epicurious double chocolate cake with whatever gourmet choco I have on hand, plus I dump in a bunch of the same choco chopped up...I can't imagine that with more than one layer of filling. It can stand alone, honestly.

Rylan Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 3:55am
post #8 of 13

I agree with you Jamie, I have a chocolate cake recipe and I can't stand more than a layer of filling.

lildragon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lildragon Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 3:57am
post #9 of 13

I think it's just a matter of preference, but I think wedding cakes should be torted, only because it does look pretty when sliced and I like the height of the cake when it's torted as well.

Melchas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melchas Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 4:06am
post #10 of 13

I too love torted wedding cakes....well really any cake. My cakes are usually only two layers. How amny layers in a tier do you guys usually do? I often see three layers in a wedding cake.

Rylan Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 4:13am
post #11 of 13

I've actually done 7 layers of cake in a single tier.

cocobean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobean Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 4:34am
post #12 of 13

I have always torted my cake especially wedding cakes. But it bothers me lately that I will never have the 4" tiers if I keep doing it. I really want to make some wedding cakes that have 4" tiers. But it's like impossible to put all that filling in and have the 4" tier. How do you do the 4" tier and torte the cake to? Is it even possible? It would be like you could hardly use ANY filling! Holy Cow, the two, two inch cakes without anything done to them are already 4" tall when stacked. What do you guys do to get a 4" tier? Can you follow this? Does it make sense?

cocobean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobean Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 4:44am
post #13 of 13

I have always torted my cake especially wedding cakes. But it bothers me lately that I will never have the 4" tiers if I keep doing it. I really want to make some wedding cakes that have 4" tiers. But it's like impossible to put all that filling in and have the 4" tier. How do you do the 4" tier and torte the cake to? Is it even possible? It would be like you could hardly use ANY filling! Holy Cow, the two, two inch cakes without anything done to them are already 4" tall when stacked. What do you guys do to get a 4" tier? Can you follow this? Does it make sense?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%