Cake Camp

Decorating By ATCakes Updated 14 Sep 2009 , 7:15pm by bisbqueenb

paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 4:00am
post #31 of 43

I can't believe I didn't get any reply notifications for all your posts. Glad I have been checking back to see if anyone had replied. Ok, if anyone has good idea how to spot each other I'm in. I'll be driving down and staying with my brother who lives in Vegas, so I'll probably get there sometime Thursday. I might try to make the get aquainted thing that night. That's when they will be drawing name for students for the challenge. I put my name in, cause when will I ever get another chance to do that, but don't know if I really want my name to get drawn.
I have three classes with Norm Davis, whimsey cakes on fri. and then henna scrolls and fondant animals on sun. I also have a couple with Becky Rink, cake design on fri. and fondant faces on sun. and then I also have a class with Roland Windbeckler on sat.

kathy164 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathy164 Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 3:47pm
post #32 of 43

"Anyone can go. no experience needed LOL. Yes, there is no camp next year, it is usually every other year. For some special reason, they had camp last year and this year, but will be back on track now. start saving though! LOL

SpudCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpudCake Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 8:37pm
post #33 of 43

I am also going. I am taking

Wedding Cakess Like a Pro......Colette Peters
Bridal Flowers..........Nick Lodge
Airbrush.................Winbeckler

I went three years ago and loved it. I can't wait for next week to get here.

Joanne usaribbon.gif

bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 9:14pm
post #34 of 43

Joanne....do you recall if there might have been a bulletin/note board where attendees can post messages to others> like where we could something about what classes all the CC'ers are signed up for so we can see if we have company in a certain class or even dinner dates for Friday Banquet>?

I will be getting in to Vegas on Wed. nite and could plan to put up something for a 'CC'ers sign in' IF there is somewhere we can look for it!

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 9:17pm
post #35 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudCake

I am also going. I am taking

Wedding Cakess Like a Pro......Colette Peters
Bridal Flowers..........Nick Lodge
Airbrush.................Winbeckler

I went three years ago and loved it. I can't wait for next week to get here.

Joanne usaribbon.gif

See you in class on Saturday if not before!!

paulstonia Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 1:29am
post #36 of 43

Let me check my last ccc club news letter. There is someone I can shoot an e-mail too and see if there will be some kind of bulletin board set up. We could even pick somewhere to meet up before the dinner and post it. Anyone come up with and good idea for something we could wear to be able spot each other?

SpudCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpudCake Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 4:11am
post #37 of 43

No, sorry I don't remember. Last time I went one of the CC member's made some sort of ID type thing (don't remember what it was exactly, maybe a ribbon) so that we could pick each other out of the crowd.

mbt4955 see you in class!

Joanne

paulstonia Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 11:34pm
post #38 of 43

Hello Everyone, just got an email back from Tammi at ccc and she said yes there will be a board up for us to post messages. Now, how are we going to do this? First one there pick a place to meet up before the banquet and post it?

kentuckyjode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kentuckyjode Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 1:53am
post #39 of 43

lisalamadrid....were you at sharon and jen's class in owensboro ky? your name sounds familiar.....i will be at cake camp too....

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 6:03am
post #40 of 43

Maybe we can all wear butterfly earrings.

tmcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmcakes Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 2:57pm
post #41 of 43

I love the button idea!!!! I'm going to have one made!!!! May I have a seat at the CC table? Its just my mom and I and we dont want to be by overselves. Any takers?

paulstonia Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 11:03pm
post #42 of 43

I say the more the merrier! And I think the button idea is great too. Should we all make them the same color so we'll be easy to spot?

bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 7:15pm
post #43 of 43

I posted this on the other Cake Camp but thought I'd put it on this one as well to make sure we catch everyone on their way to Vegas!!!

I'll be heading out toward Vegas tomorrow, will get there Wed. afternoon after a stop in Phoenix! I have 5 nites booked at the Riviera that I booked online not thru Cake Camp, and it come to $222.00, even adding the $75 fee we were charged for not booking thru them, it is a LOT less than the published price thru Cake Camp! AND, in their news letter, if you paid the $75 and ARE booked into the hotel other than thru them, they will now refund that $75 with proof of reservations!

Since I will be there when registration opens, I will find out about putting a CC note on the bulletin board for you all to post messages back and forth. If I can find out about tables and where would be a good place to meet up, I'll add that to the message board as well.

Got to make by avatar button today so look fo me in the crowd and say CC Hi!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%