Circus Cake And Clown Cake

Decorating By linda9588 Updated 2 Jul 2009 , 7:47pm by millermom

linda9588 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linda9588 Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 7:00pm
post #1 of 12

i have to make a cirus cake but dont know were to start i have wilton wonder mold pan and 8 in round pans an clown picks do i make the clowns with buttercream of royal icing please help

11 replies
Somethin-Sweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Somethin-Sweet Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 7:14pm
post #2 of 12

Here is a circus cake that I did a couple of months ago.........looks way more complicated than it actually was. PM me if you would like instructions.
LL

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 7:15pm
post #3 of 12

I have a Jo Jo's circus cake that I think is in my pics. I used embrordery hoops for the 3 rings, gumballs for the balls and then my daughter got to keep the characters after the party. The confetti icing around the edge added to the circus feel IMO.

Somethin-Sweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Somethin-Sweet Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 7:15pm
post #4 of 12

sorry- double post....

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 7:16pm
post #5 of 12

I have a Jo Jo's circus cake that I think is in my pics. I used embrordery hoops for the 3 rings, gumballs for the balls and then my daughter got to keep the characters after the party. The confetti icing around the edge added to the circus feel IMO.

mackeymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mackeymom Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 7:22pm
post #6 of 12

have you tried a search on here? There are a lot of great circus cakes! Good luck!

millermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millermom Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 7:39pm
post #7 of 12

I did a clown cake several years ago. It is in my pics.

I used buttercream, and double loaded the bag so that they were variegated colors, then used the clown pics for the heads.

The separator between the tiers is one my mom had years ago and gave me, I don't think Wilton makes it anymore.

HTH! icon_smile.gif

millermom Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 7:41pm
post #8 of 12

I used buttercream, and double loaded the bag so that they were variegated colors, then used the clown pics for the heads.

The separator between the tiers is one my mom had years ago and gave me, I don't think Wilton makes it anymore.

HTH! icon_smile.gif

millermom Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 7:42pm
post #9 of 12

HTH! icon_smile.gif

millermom Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 7:42pm
post #10 of 12

HTH! icon_smile.gif

millermom Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 7:45pm
post #11 of 12

HTH! icon_smile.gif

millermom Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 7:47pm
post #12 of 12

Sorry for the multiple posts. My computer was telling me it wasn't posting icon_redface.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%