Rice Paper Question

Decorating By vfranzoy Updated 2 Jul 2009 , 9:21am by neelycharmed

vfranzoy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vfranzoy Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 8:15am
post #1 of 3

I want to attach a rice paper print to a buttercream cake.
How do I proceed and what type of 'glue' do I use. I have tried water- it crinkles and puckers the rice paper. Would decorators gel do any better? Has anyone solved this problem so I don't have to reinvent the wheel?

2 replies
Homemade-Goodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Homemade-Goodies Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 9:11am
post #2 of 3

I use the rice paper for tracing designs, but my frosting is non-crusting buttercream, so it adhers itself to that. Piping gel may do nicely, local bakeries here also spread piping gel over top of prints for nice finish. Good luck!

neelycharmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neelycharmed Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 9:21am
post #3 of 3

clear piping gel is what I use.
icon_smile.gif Jodi

Quote by @%username% on %date%