Is It Possible To Do This Cake With Alternating Shapes??

Decorating By CAKESHERWAY Updated 2 Jul 2009 , 4:48pm by nicki9774

CAKESHERWAY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CAKESHERWAY Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 6:05pm
post #1 of 32

Here's the cake a bride wants. She wants it separated like shown but every other tier to be square and the sizes will be 6, 8, 10, 12, 14. I think that the squares will be a bit too large and hang over the rounds but since it's separated (roses between) will it work or should I advise her to choose one shape.
She doesn't want to do other sizes either. So not an option. Also, I use the sps system in my cakes so what do I order to use with that to hold the cake up and separate it??? I know indydeb will know this one! Are you out there??? Thanks a bunch everyone!
LL

31 replies
Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 6:17pm
post #2 of 32

I have an idea but not too sure, let's see what the others say here's a bump

Uniqueask Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 6:18pm
post #3 of 32

Uniqueask Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 6:19pm
post #4 of 32

CAKESHERWAY Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 6:55pm
post #5 of 32

someone? anyone?? icon_smile.gif

CAKESHERWAY Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 6:56pm
post #6 of 32

CAKESHERWAY Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 6:57pm
post #7 of 32

CAKESHERWAY Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 6:58pm
post #8 of 32

Juds2323 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juds2323 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 7:07pm
post #9 of 32

I'm no expert hopefully someone will get back to you that has better experience, but I think the hang over will look strange even with the separation. You may want to try stacking cake pans in those sizes just to get a feel for the look.

HTH

Judi

Juds2323 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 7:08pm
post #10 of 32

I'm no expert hopefully someone will get back to you that has better experience, but I think the hang over will look strange even with the separation. You may want to try stacking cake pans in those sizes just to get a feel for the look.

HTH

Judi

Juds2323 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 7:09pm
post #11 of 32

HTH

Judi

Juds2323 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 7:10pm
post #12 of 32

HTH

Judi

nicki9774 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicki9774 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 7:21pm
post #13 of 32

I'm not sure it will look the same because of the picture being on the round and then the square it would be awkward to me. My opinion may not count but I believe it should be round. It has a better look square. Good Luck!

nicki9774 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 7:22pm
post #14 of 32

I'm not sure it will look the same because of the picture being on the round and then the square it would be awkward to me. My opinion may not count but I believe it should be round. It has a better look square. Good Luck!

nicki9774 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 7:23pm
post #15 of 32

nicki9774 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 7:24pm
post #16 of 32

CAKESHERWAY Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 10:05pm
post #17 of 32

I agree. But what about the equipment to buy for the sps and separtors? Anyone know?

CAKESHERWAY Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 10:06pm
post #18 of 32

I agree. But what about the equipment to buy for the sps and separtors? Anyone know?

CAKESHERWAY Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 10:07pm
post #19 of 32

nicki9774 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 10:19pm
post #20 of 32

Ok, after sincerely thinking about this. I think you could do the hexagon and the picture looks like they used push in pillars and the roses are just setting there. If she wants round and square suggest the hexagon it has a better appeal than the square. I believe you should get the same affect and still be able to work with the sizes she is asking for. I hope I answered your question.

nicki9774 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 10:20pm
post #21 of 32

Ok, after sincerely thinking about this. I think you could do the hexagon and the picture looks like they used push in pillars and the roses are just setting there. If she wants round and square suggest the hexagon it has a better appeal than the square. I believe you should get the same affect and still be able to work with the sizes she is asking for. I hope I answered your question.

nicki9774 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 10:21pm
post #22 of 32

nicki9774 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 10:22pm
post #23 of 32

nicki9774 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 10:23pm
post #24 of 32

EvMarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EvMarie Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 10:27pm
post #25 of 32

I think the hexagon, like Nicki9774 suggested would be perfect. I'd explain that the alternating shapes, for this particular style, may look odd. But, if she went with all hexagon, she's getting the best of both worlds...

EvMarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EvMarie Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 10:28pm
post #26 of 32

I think the hexagon, like Nicki9774 suggested would be perfect. I'd explain that the alternating shapes, for this particular style, may look odd. But, if she went with all hexagon, she's getting the best of both worlds...

nicki9774 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 10:32pm
post #27 of 32

Well, Thank You for agreeing with me! I thought about it all last night and I came up with this and I believe it will work and if the bride wanted round and hexagon it would still work. I would tell her that its the best you can do.

nicki9774 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 10:33pm
post #28 of 32

Well, Thank You for agreeing with me! I thought about it all last night and I came up with this and I believe it will work and if the bride wanted round and hexagon it would still work. I would tell her that its the best you can do.

txnonnie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txnonnie Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 11:11pm
post #29 of 32

Denisecharpentier -- has one posted on this site. Bottom to top was square, hex, square, hex. Looks awesome.

txnonnie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txnonnie Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 11:12pm
post #30 of 32

Denisecharpentier -- has one posted on this site. Bottom to top was square, hex, square, hex. Looks awesome.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%