Anyone Else Think This Is So Wrong?

Decorating By sweetsbysherri Updated 1 Jul 2009 , 4:58pm by -K8memphis

disubu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
disubu Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 6:26pm
post #31 of 46

It was beautiful! I loved it...I think it is sad when we over analyze everything to DEATH!! It was a gorgeous tribute, even if it didn't work out exactly as planned, since the birds seemed determined to stay in the box.

Not only was it beautiful, it was done in a safe and humanitarian way. The birds were returned to the pet store afterward (Buddy made this comment); not released in the wild where they would die because of an inability to survive.

disubu Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 6:27pm
post #32 of 46

It was beautiful! I loved it...I think it is sad when we over analyze everything to DEATH!! It was a gorgeous tribute, even if it didn't work out exactly as planned, since the birds seemed determined to stay in the box.

Not only was it beautiful, it was done in a safe and humanitarian way. The birds were returned to the pet store afterward (Buddy made this comment); not released in the wild where they would die because of an inability to survive.

disubu Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 6:28pm
post #33 of 46

disubu Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 6:28pm
post #34 of 46

disubu Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 6:29pm
post #35 of 46

disubu Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 6:30pm
post #36 of 46

disubu Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 6:31pm
post #37 of 46

cupcakeco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakeco Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 7:41pm
post #38 of 46

I watched last night, and it seemed to me that the birds were placed in the plexi box (which was quite large by the looks of it) very shortly before the cake was to be cut and then birds released. I thought it was odd... but handled well. It's not as though the poor birds were trapped and ogled for hours, throughout the whole reception. Also he made a remark towards the end of the show that the birds were going to be returned to the pet shop.

And the cake was quite beautiful, if I might add.

wakeandbake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wakeandbake Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 7:58pm
post #39 of 46

i saw the preview for the show but still can't bring myself to watch it. it just seems too fake like they are trying to create all these different problems to make the show (and themselves) seem more interesting. like the part where he says "i asked you to bring me doves and you bring me ducks" i mean really?...i'm sure that he is a nice guy but i haven' been able to see an entire episode since the first one (and i only watched about 3 minutes of that one)...i wish him luck but i won't be on the cake boss fan list...sorry

2girliesmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2girliesmama Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 4:42pm
post #40 of 46

I saw the episode last night (I did love to watch the pastry making). I do think the cake was gorgeous and it was tastefully done and he was very sweet about the birds. I do understand tradition and rememberance and it is a shame that we are scarred of everything, but I still stand by my earlier post that critters and cakes do not mix. As a decorator I want every one to have a good time and be safe eating my cakes (not that Buddy doesn't) and I personally would not have been comfortable doing this, but if he is more power to him!

2girliesmama Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 4:43pm
post #41 of 46

I saw the episode last night (I did love to watch the pastry making). I do think the cake was gorgeous and it was tastefully done and he was very sweet about the birds. I do understand tradition and rememberance and it is a shame that we are scarred of everything, but I still stand by my earlier post that critters and cakes do not mix. As a decorator I want every one to have a good time and be safe eating my cakes (not that Buddy doesn't) and I personally would not have been comfortable doing this, but if he is more power to him!

2girliesmama Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 4:44pm
post #42 of 46

2girliesmama Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 4:45pm
post #43 of 46

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 4:56pm
post #44 of 46

I mean it mighta been kinda gross if they had rock cornish hens for dinner-- icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Yes it's not the utmost in sanitation--but neither is setting the cake on the floor of that truck and somewhere somehow we gotta draw lines or we're all gonna be wearing bubble suits huh.

-K8memphis Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 4:57pm
post #45 of 46

I mean it mighta been kinda gross if they had rock cornish hens for dinner-- icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Yes it's not the utmost in sanitation--but neither is setting the cake on the floor of that truck and somewhere somehow we gotta draw lines or we're all gonna be wearing bubble suits huh.

-K8memphis Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 4:58pm
post #46 of 46

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%