Business License Help

Business By simplicake Updated 28 Jun 2009 , 4:49pm by Destinys_Delights

simplicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplicake Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 10:13pm
post #1 of 2

I am a culinary arts student finding out information about opening a Cake Decorating Business for an independant study project. Thanks to other threads, I was able to look at the website for California business licenses(Secretary of State). However, upon going to the site, I found there is no database(or at least I couldn't find one) as mentioned to search and see if my business name was taken. Only forms in adobe seemed to be available. Does anyone know the link to the database if there is one?

Also, I am confused by the numerous types of business licenses available. There doesn't seem to be a link discerning the difference. Corporate, Limited Partnership, etc. I know I'm a ditz about this part. Can anyone shed some light on what type of business license a Cake Bakery would need in the state of CA?

Thank you for your time and attention.

1 reply
Destinys_Delights Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Destinys_Delights Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 4:49pm
post #2 of 2

I'm not sure about the business license info because I'm not in CA, but I had to go to our local Secretary of State website to see a list of business names. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%