Chocolate Transfers

Decorating By JCALIXTO Updated 31 Aug 2009 , 1:03am by cakes4ck

JCALIXTO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JCALIXTO Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 4:17am
post #1 of 9

I just starting decorating cakes and I'm addicted. I decorate all my cakes with the star tip. Someone mentioned to me about the chocolate transfers. Can anyone please tell me how I could transfer a picture of Winnie the Pooh?

8 replies
ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 11:45am
post #2 of 9

Check out this CC tutorial on frozen buttercream transfers. The technique for chocolate is the same - just use colored white chocolate or candy melts instead of buttercream.

http://www.cakecentral.com/article12-How-To-Create-a-Frozen-Buttercream-Transfer.html

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 12:14pm
post #3 of 9

Hello! I just did a Winnie the Pooh baby shower for my neice....also using chocolate transfers! Lots of fun! http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1386952

I just sent you a PM with a document I made up after I people asked me about chocolate transfers on cookies last year. It's older and doesn't include recent pictures of some I've done, so if you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask.

The frozen buttercream transfer link ibmoser provided above is where I started - it is very helpful. There was another I used from the web, but can't find it. I DID find another one one though...and it has Winnie the Pooh as an example! http://www.ehow.com/how_2330852_transfer-picture-using-chocolate.html

Good luck and have fun!
Pat

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 11:53pm
post #4 of 9

I LUV choc. transfers! The computer gives you endless graphics to work with. My customers love love them!!!

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

Michele25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michele25 Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 12:10am
post #5 of 9

OMG, PattyT, your Winnie the Pooh cake and cupcakes are SO adorable!!! Great job on the transfers too!

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 11:43am
post #6 of 9

Thanks so much Michele! That's so nice of you to say.

Chocolate transfers are a favorite of mine because I can't draw very well but I CAN trace!!

I also like that they can be made ahead to save time on the day I need them. Plus I always make extras for breakage, so I have an assortment of little chocolate things for quick last minute cupcakes.

JCALIXTO Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 6:49pm
post #7 of 9

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR ADVICE ON CHOCOLATE TRANSFERS... I DIDN'T REALIZE I RECEIVED YOUR RESPONSES. I'M STILL LEARNING HOW TO USE THIS SITE SO PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR NOT RESPONDING AND THANKING YOU ALL SOONER. ALL YOUR ADVICE IS GREATLY APPRECIATED

JCALIXTO Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 6:56pm
post #8 of 9

THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH "ibmoser" & "PattyT"... I CANNOT WAIT TO TRY THIS OUT!!!!!! I LOVE CAKE CENTRAL!!!!!

cakes4ck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes4ck Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 1:03am
post #9 of 9

Thanks for the question and the responses. I did a FBCT once and it turned out ok. This method sounds much easier and it is with choc. icon_smile.gif Can't wait to try this out this week on my son's birthday cake. I steer away from sheet cakes as I can't draw...no really not at all. Anyhow this may be my best friend in cake decorating. icon_biggrin.gif
Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%