Cute Swirly Numbers ???

Decorating By ktbug Updated 25 Jun 2009 , 3:17pm by PinkZiab

ktbug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ktbug Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 3:13pm
post #1 of 2

I have seen the super cute swirly numbers on top of cakes. It is just fondant? And what do you use to get it to stand up? Thanks!

1 reply
PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 3:17pm
post #2 of 2

Some people use straight fondant, fondant with some tylose/CMC added, 0/50 fondant gumpaste, or gumpaste. I find it best to insert a skewer (or more than one, if need be) into the bottom of the number while it's soft and let it dry on that, an then insert the skewer into the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%