Where To Find This Texture Rolling Pin?

Decorating By txnonnie Updated 25 Jun 2009 , 4:04pm by sadsmile

txnonnie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txnonnie Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 4:45am
post #1 of 4

Anyone know where to find a grosgan texture rolling pin? I saw one in a book and it was listed as Torbay Cake Craft. I have not been able to find one.

3 replies
ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 2:53pm
post #2 of 4

If all else fails, you can go to your local hardware store and look for threaded rod. The rod is like a long bolt with no head icon_lol.gif . You can buy different lengths, diameters, and thread pitch (the "screw lines" are closer together or farther apart). Just be sure to clean it really well with a commercial degreaser and then put in the dishwasher or hand wash several times - they are coated with a heavy sulphured oil during the cutting process. Reasonably priced, effective, and no shipping thumbs_up.gif

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 2:58pm
post #3 of 4


I have this one, the problem is they call it ribbed rolling pin.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 4:04pm
post #4 of 4

There is a vinyl shelp protector in the shelf paper area that is ribbed like that. You could use it like a texture mat.

Quote by @%username% on %date%