FromScratch Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 12:25am
post #31 of 36

icon_redface.gif

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 5:41am
post #32 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromScratch

Not that I think of myself as some superstar awesome caker (because I know I'm not), but I just got a inquiry from Derby, CT (that's about 3.5 hours from me). We'll see if it comes through. And I have a cake to deliver to Springfield, MA which is 2.5 hours away. People will travel for what they want. I like being able to make $2000 in a weekend on 5 cakes. Now if I could only do it every weekend... LOL... but I am just really starting out on this journey. I am finally getting inquiries almost everyday so that's cool. I have the luxury of being able to take it slow though since I am a legal home baker. I feel very fortunate in that respect. If I had a shop right now I'd be making whatever cake anyone asked for... I'd have to.

Holy cats! I watched that video 3 times in a row!!! You are amazing! I think you are a superstar!

becca0709 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becca0709 Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 8:13pm
post #33 of 36

hey thanks everyone for your input! My husband thought I was crazy for not wanting to do these...I guess you can say he "won" icon_rolleyes.gif

YummyChoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YummyChoo Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 8:19pm
post #34 of 36

hi what is a sheetcake????

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 9:56pm
post #35 of 36

Yes...I do sheet cakes...I don't particularily like to do them but they pay as good as any other cake! I agree....Thanh Thanh does EXQUISITE cakes never mind sheet cakes!!! She is my Cake Crush!!!

ButtercupMama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ButtercupMama Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 3:38am
post #36 of 36

Hey, Yummy, it's basically just a rectangular cake. For some reason, maybe because they are made in mass production at the grocery store, they get a bad rap! I often get a customer who wrinkles their nose and says, I don't want a SHEET cake or anything! (oh the HORROR of mediocrity! He he he!!)
We do sheet cakes; they are often really adorable, and can be downright impressive if well-decorated. But I can see that super high-end boutiques would not want to offer this. And why should they? When a customer requests something I don't do, I try to direct them to a place that does it, and does it well. You just can't be everything to everyone.icon_smile.gif You just have to decide if this is what's right for you; no right or wrong!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%