Renting Part Of A Kitchen

Business By jdrew Updated 23 Jun 2009 , 1:48pm by jdrew

jdrew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdrew Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 9:53pm
post #1 of 3

My Step Mother's brother's ex wife owns a restaurant. She (my step mother) asked me if I wanted to ask the owner, who she is close to, to rent part of her kitchen. I really don't know much about the cake business part. Could I do this? What is a good price for renting? What else would I have to do also (getting a license)?

Thanks for any advice!!!

2 replies
Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 10:02pm
post #2 of 3

Health Department Inspection
IRS tax ID number to report business income and self-employment taxes
Business Liability Insurance/additional car insurance for deliveries
Register business with your state's Secretary of State
Obtain sales tax permit from your state tax agency/city and/or county taxes, if applicable

There are lots of things to do besides renting a kitchen and baking. Go to the Small Business Administration web site and/or your state's SCORE office for information you need about running a business.

jdrew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdrew Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 1:48pm
post #3 of 3

I guess I'm not ready for that yet. I don't have the level of talent and enough people wanting my cakes right now...I really need to do more research before I jump into anything.

Thanks for letting me know.


Quote by @%username% on %date%