Where To Buy 3D Full Body Mold? Please Help....

Decorating By Jopalis Updated 21 Jun 2009 , 9:53pm by Reimagining_Confections

Jopalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jopalis Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 6:43am
post #1 of 4

Does anyone know where I could buy a girl body mold (front and back) to make sugarpaste girl cake decoration? I want to make a hula girl for my daughter's cake but my sculpting abiltity for the hands, face, etc. is not so good. Thought maybe I could find a mold that won't break the bank. Can someone please help me? icon_cry.gif

3 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 7:21am
post #2 of 4

I bought one similar to this http://cgi.ebay.com/People-Mold-CHILD-GUMPASTE-CHOCOLATE-CANDY-MOLD-MOLDS_W0QQitemZ170338824439QQcmdZViewItem for $1.99 at the cake decorating store here. Maybe you could find one locally so you didn't have to pay shipping.

I haven't tried it yet but I have tried some of the other plastic molds I bought at the same time and they work as long as you dust them well with cornstarch.

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 9:43pm
post #3 of 4

Hi Pat! A CC member by the name of Ximenella sells them, don't know how much they are, I also believe Wilton used to have one, I saw that in the December 2008 ACD magazine, a cake called Santa's Present was featured & it said the Wilton mold was used. If I was near you, you could use one of mine LOL......

Reimagining_Confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reimagining_Confections Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 9:53pm
post #4 of 4

Sugar Craft sells several different ones.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%