Fyi

Decorating By jewelykaye Updated 19 Jun 2009 , 1:29pm by misserica

shanna_banana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanna_banana Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 3:47am
post #31 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by misserica

I can not really trash the cake, I am not a fabulous decorator (although that is what I want to be when I grow up) but what are the fondant covered blobs next to it? And I am guessing those are the edible image strips "placed" on the cake. Wow. I would cry. Not tears of joy.

OK misserica... I looked at your cakes and you do VERY well. I looked at all of them and they are all good! So don't knock yourself. You would have done a better job on this cake even if you were blindfolded. I think the little blobs were supposed to be "mini cakes" but the bride said they looked like "fondant covered muffin-tops". icon_lol.gif

I just can't get over how unbelievable it looks. I stared at it, jaw dropped, for a good 5-10 minutes. icon_eek.gif

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 4:05am
post #32 of 40

I can't believe that was a wedding cake.

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 4:53am
post #33 of 40

I, personally, enjoyed Joe's response to his dissatisfied brides on projectwedding.com...and by "brides," I obviously mean "cyberstalkers." Joe and Natalie remind me of the two idiotic villains from Rocky and Bullwinkle, Boris and Natasha.

Oh, and Ugliest. Cake. Ever. I may not be the best decorator in the world, but that is also why I don't have a business. thumbsdown.gif

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 5:15am
post #34 of 40

Where is the response? I can't find it.

I do feel for the brides that had issues. I don't feel so bad about my cakes that didn't come out perfect. Everyone has mishaps but they should have refunded every dime at minimum.

I do remember that website though...I couldn't even read through it.

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 11:43am
post #35 of 40

THe fondant colored "blobs" are supposed to be mini cakes that were supposed to serve 2 people each... they were actually just cupcakes with fondant slapped on them.

giraffe11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giraffe11 Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 11:55am
post #36 of 40

Ah.....thanks for the photos. It wasn't until I saw Bart there on the side that I realized that it was The Simpsons house there on the front. So........a Simpsons wedding cake........kinda cute. But what's up with the execution? You'd think they could have at least put the images all the way around the cake. I understand that their application technique sucked too, but really.......at least make it around to the back of the cake. It looks like my 3 1/2 yr old helped play with "stickers".

amycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amycake Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 11:58am
post #37 of 40

I have to tell you I am usually not one to knock anyone's work as mine is not the best yet. But it made me feel good this am to see this cake because I delivered a cake this am and the bow just fell from humidity and I felt horrible. Thank god it was family. This is the cake before the bow crashed. I have to say this made me feel better. LOL
Amycake

CookieD-oh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieD-oh Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 12:15pm
post #38 of 40

The original Simpsons cake was done by Charm City Cakes. They changed their website, and I can't find it now, but it was adorable! That makes what she got seem even worse!!

umgrzfn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
umgrzfn Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 12:49pm
post #39 of 40

WOW!!!! My five year old can do better then that!!!! OMG!!!!!! That's just disturbing!

misserica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misserica Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 1:29pm
post #40 of 40

Shanna...thank you for that lovely compliment. I just meant I did not want to poke fun at the cake because I am not top notch (or where I would like to be). I am absolutely sure though that I could have done better. I would have at the very least made sure I had enough "edible images" to go around the whole cake.

Love the mini cakes by the way!!!! (kidding)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%