Calling All Georgia Residance

Lounge By nikki72905 Updated 20 Aug 2009 , 9:50pm by michellenj

nikki72905 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki72905 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 2:33am
post #1 of 7

Hi!

My husband and I are planning to relocate to Georgia, Any advice, tips etc. would be wonderful!!

The area we are looking into is Savannah/Richland Hills ... My husbands job may have a position for him in Savannah...

Any and all information would be helpful (this move will probably not happen for a year or more, as we have many things to take care of here in PA)

Thank you!

6 replies
nikki72905 Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 1:35am
post #2 of 7

I guess there are no tips or advice of Savanah, GA residents...

If it helps I am not planning to do cakes there, I just do cakes for fun... The move is probably going to happen a bit sooner...

But thanks for all those who took a look...

turtle3264 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
turtle3264 Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 3:34am
post #3 of 7

Hi, I live in SC. I have been to Savannah though. We spent a night of our honeymoon there. It is a beautiful place. Did you have specific questions about Savannah?

tmallen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmallen Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 4:50pm
post #4 of 7

I have a sister that has been living in Savannah for over 25 years and she loves it!!! Is large enough so you won't feel like you live in the country but it small enough for everyone to know each other. Good luck!

nikki72905 Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 11:00pm
post #5 of 7

Awww, Thank you so much!

I guess my main question is for anyone, anywhere ...

When you relocate is it eaiser to relocate, then find work, or to find work and then relocate so that you have permenate income, coming in?

I have not heard a back from any job possibilities for myself yet and I am wondering if it is because my resume has my current address on it.

Thank you!

lovetofrost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovetofrost Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 6:49pm
post #6 of 7

i think it is easier to re-locate and find a job. since you would be available to work asap and be at an interview asap. that is what was easier for me anyway.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 9:50pm
post #7 of 7

I'd call a local realtor and ask them what the *good* areas are to live in first, then start looking. I spent every summer in Savannah with my cousins, and love it. They lived on Skidaway Island and went to Savannah Country Day school.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%