Cake For A "cancer Is Gone" Party, Need Unique Ide

Decorating By lkarlin Updated 16 Jun 2009 , 8:58pm by Cakeonista

lkarlin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lkarlin Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 3:38pm
post #1 of 6

My daughters kindergarten teacher whom I've known for over 5 years now is officially in remission!! When she was newly diagnosed, she focused her positive energy on having her Cancer is Gone party to get her through the rough times. She asked me back then (or rather told me, lol) that she wanted me to make the cake. Well now the time has come (yay!!) and I want to do something different and unique for her, not just a pink ribbon. ANy thoughts and ideas would be greatly appreciated...she really deserves something special!!!

5 replies
7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 5:04pm
post #2 of 6

For the words...
Goodbye, good riddance!

Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 5:17pm
post #3 of 6

It would be awesome if you could do something like a woman kicking a black blob (representing cancer) out of the door

I like the good riddance part too.

mrsw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsw Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 5:26pm
post #4 of 6

Such a momentus day! Way to go! There was a great saying I saw about all the things cancer cannot do.
"Cancer Cannot Do"
Cancer is so limited...
It cannot cripple Love
cannot shatter Hope.
It cannot corrode Faith
cannot destroy Peace.
It cannot kill Friendship
cannot suppress Memories.
It cannot silence Courage
cannot invade the Soul.
It cannot steal Eternal Life
cannot conquer the Spirit.
A wonderful cake with flowers, rebirth, new beginnings with a plaque with the saying on it? OR maybe around the cake? Just a thought. Good luck and again congrats to your friend.

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 5:50pm
post #5 of 6

im thinking celebrating, im thinking pinata! i might have been playing viva pinata on the xbox... but one of them could make a cool cake.
xx

Cakeonista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeonista Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 8:58pm
post #6 of 6

I'm sorry no good ideas for you but wanted to say I'm so happy to hear this good news! You all have a lot to celebrate.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%