Help Needed With Autumn Themed Wedding Cake

Decorating By Kajsa Updated 22 Aug 2005 , 8:23am by MissBaritone

Kajsa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kajsa Posted 21 Aug 2005 , 12:30pm
post #1 of 5

Hi!
I have a bride who wants a non-romantic wedding cake in an autumnish style. I was thinking on gerbera and leaves in the autumn colour range. How hard do you think it would be to make blackberries and hips?(I am not sure if I have the correct word here)This is what I mean...[img][/img]
LL

4 replies
nanni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanni Posted 21 Aug 2005 , 1:04pm
post #2 of 5

I think with the greenery and all those would be pretty. You could do those as sugardipped or something-I am sure you will have lots of ideas when people see the post! Good luck!

ellepal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellepal Posted 21 Aug 2005 , 1:47pm
post #3 of 5

I had this idea for a wedding cake that will look like fall and taste delicious. How about a pumpkin cake with crusting cream cheese frosting swirls, and the outer round covered in sugared pecans, accentuated with a few autumn gum paste leaves set on top of each cake, on floating tiers or even stacked? It will look more like dessert, but I think people would enjoy looking at it and eating it. Just a thought. I am going to try the idea for my dad's birthday (but not in wedding cake form, of course!)

bikegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bikegal Posted 22 Aug 2005 , 2:54am
post #4 of 5

kajsa, how creative! I've never even thought about using rose hips on a cake but I think they would be beautiful. I saw some at the park about as big as a cherry tomato, yowzers. Let us know if you go with the rose hips/blackberries idea I'd love to see the pictures.

bikegal

MissBaritone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissBaritone Posted 22 Aug 2005 , 8:23am
post #5 of 5

The hips look like they should be quite easy. Blackberries are very easy to make but a bit fiddly. Make the small globes of flower paste first allow to dry then put into a clear plastic bag. The make small cones on wires. Allow them to dry dip them in egg white or sugar glue then dip into the bag of globes. allow to dry

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%