Lettering/font Question

Decorating By marushka Updated 16 Jun 2009 , 12:06am by txnonnie

marushka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marushka Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 11:40pm
post #1 of 4

I'm looking for a certain font and was wondering if anyone knew of a site to order imprinting tools or the best way of somehow getting a word in a specific font (that unfortunately I don't the name of)onto a cake.
I'd be working with fondant making a "swatch" watch face and would like the swatch font on there.
I don't have a Wal-mart with a bakery to print this on edible paper.
Is making a stencil the best option?
Thanks for any suggestions!

3 replies
poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 11:44pm
post #2 of 4


cakefairy03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefairy03 Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 11:55pm
post #3 of 4

I would try some kind of transfer. My favorite that I've tried so far would be the FBCT (frozen buttercream transfer). You would have to print whatever you want on the cake reversed, but the same size you want. Outline then fill in the picture/words, put in the freezer, pull out, then place upside down on the cake. HTH! Good luck!

txnonnie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txnonnie Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 12:06am
post #4 of 4

You could use your word processing program. You can download fonts from the internet free into this program. Print the font to the size you need, cut it out then use that for your pattern to cut your fondant.

Quote by @%username% on %date%