Gumpaste Loopy Bow

Decorating By jlsheik Updated 15 Jun 2009 , 11:05pm by Sassy74

jlsheik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlsheik Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 2:28am
post #1 of 9

Ok....I tried it, it was a complete disaster! There has to be a good tutorial here, I just cant seem to find it! If you know the link, please post it for me!
I found instructions through cake boss and I used chocolate melts to try to glue it together.....bad idea, it was a mess!
Help!
Laura

8 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 3:09am
post #2 of 9

http://cakecentral.com/article17-How-to-Make-a-Fondant-Loop-Bow.html

They use a pasta machine, but you can do it without of course. I've followed those directions and they work.

Tartacadabra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tartacadabra Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 7:55am
post #3 of 9

I glue it together with royal icing, works well for me, just make sure that you don't use too much.
I also have a tutorial of a bow on my website, just in case you are interested icon_wink.gif I will place it here: Bow with two colours/ Lazo múltiple bicolor

Its in Spanish but the photos speak for themselves!!

Good luck with your next one!!
Lara

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 1:53pm
post #4 of 9

they have it on u-tube i think edna has it

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 2:27pm
post #5 of 9
ninatat Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 5:41pm
post #6 of 9

hi are you talking about the one that has really thin loops that you would roll and it's on a base, well i make and it looks really stupid, and it's so tiny, and when you go to put the loops in they fall off and over and you can't really stuff them with tissue and if they are pretty dry mine still broke no finger room, well at least mine looked stupid lol. i found it on wilton

1234me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1234me Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 8:25pm
post #7 of 9

what about your smade it a disaster? Maybe if you gave us more info, people here could help with yoru specific problem. Good luck next time - Mine change everytime I do them and get better and better icon_smile.gif

ninatat Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 10:57pm
post #8 of 9

oh i made that bow, the first time was harder i had to put tissue in the loops, then i saw there you make the loops first, much easier, i think i tapered the ends so there wasn't so much in the middle and they evened out better

Sassy74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassy74 Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 11:05pm
post #9 of 9

I tried DianeLM's instructions for the first time last week and it came out great! I rolled my gumpaste/fondant out by hand (no luck with the pasta machine...try again later), dried my loops on the bow loop drier my husband made from PVC (GREAT!), and constructed my bow with RI. Worked great, and came out lovely! Not sure how to post a pic here, but I loaded it this past weekend. First loopy bow I've ever made, and I found her directions very easy to follow. Keep trying! You'll get it!! icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%