Trashy??????

Decorating By donkeemom Updated 14 Jun 2009 , 4:35pm by JanH

fondantgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantgrl Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 7:10am
post #31 of 36

Just because you are not fond of something does not mean the person is miserable or jealous. How do you know ? Do you know them that well to say that ? She was asking a question. I'm sure that if she only wanted "nice" replies, then she would have empasized that. Get real.

So if Sylvia Weinstock expresses some kind of dislike on Collete Peters cakes, you mean to say that Sylvia Weinstock is jealous ? Sorry that's just too shallow for me. thumbsdown.gif That is selective hearing and reading.

Some people here are just saying that her cake is well done, but it's just not their style. What's wrong with that ? If you want the truth, then you have to be able to handle it.

umgrzfn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
umgrzfn Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 8:00am
post #32 of 36

VERY cute cake. I like belly cakes. I worked for an OB/Gyn and it's an amazing gift to be able to have a child. So I am very much for "belly cakes". I think yours is done nicely. Nothing trashy about it. They are just envious cause they want boobs like that! icon_biggrin.gif

umgrzfn Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 8:04am
post #33 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_cupcakeshoppe

I think your cake is very "sexy". If only I could look like that if I get pregnant! Love the details.

Yep, that's what I thought. If I knew then what I know now....... icon_biggrin.gif I certainly don't promote "women", not just teens anymore, walking around there all there glory showing, but this cake is super cute!

umgrzfn Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 8:12am
post #34 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by fondantgrl

Just because you are not fond of something does not mean the person is miserable or jealous. How do you know ? Do you know them that well to say that ? She was asking a question. I'm sure that if she only wanted "nice" replies, then she would have empasized that. Get real.

So if Sylvia Weinstock expresses some kind of dislike on Collete Peters cakes, you mean to say that Sylvia Weinstock is jealous ? Sorry that's just too shallow for me. thumbsdown.gif That is selective hearing and reading.

Some people here are just saying that her cake is well done, but it's just not their style. What's wrong with that ? If you want the truth, then you have to be able to handle it.

I don't think playswithsugar was refering to anyone on here (CC) about being jealous or miserable. I know I wasn't when I said they are "envious" re the big boobs. I was refering to the "trashy" comment made on the other website. I think that is also where plays was going with her comment. I also think that the comment was more of, "if you have to put others down (and there are definately better ways to say things, I think people on here are great about how they word things), then there is something wrong. Again, I'm refering to the "trashy" comment on the other website. Maybe a better way to say it would have been, "It's a little to risky for me". I really don't think plays was trying to offend anyone, or that she has selective anything.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 3:00pm
post #35 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by umgrzfn

Quote:
Originally Posted by fondantgrl

I don't think playswithsugar was refering to anyone on here (CC) about being jealous or miserable. I know I wasn't when I said they are "envious" re the big boobs. I was refering to the "trashy" comment made on the other website. I think that is also where plays was going with her comment. I also think that the comment was more of, "if you have to put others down (and there are definately better ways to say things, I think people on here are great about how they word things), then there is something wrong. Again, I'm refering to the "trashy" comment on the other website. Maybe a better way to say it would have been, "It's a little to risky for me". I really don't think plays was trying to offend anyone, or that she has selective anything.

Thank you for standing up for me. No, I wasn't writing about anyone here on CC, I was writing about the person who criticized her cake by calling it trashy.

Notice, this whole conversation proves my point, doesn't it? There's always going to be someone who has something negative to say, when they don't really know what they're talking about. Time to pray.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 4:35pm
post #36 of 36

The OP has received a range of views on her question. Since the posts are skewing OT, I'm locking the thread.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%